1.6 • D i v e I n t o T h e D a r k

Evie

The air blew quite coldly me and the silly fairy costume that I had chose to wear for the costume party that Michael and his friends had invited me to. It wasn't much I hadn't gone all out, I couldn't really because I knew I would have faced infinite amounts of ridicule from Logan and it had been hard enough to convince him to let me go after telling him it was just Sofie and I. It was quite close to where we lived so I was meeting the bous there, I felt stupid walking down the road and I was quite nervous too because Michael hadn't came over in a few days. We had been texting a lot but I couldn't help but think that something was wrong.

Pretty much as soon as I stepped through the crowded doorway a stranger had handed me a beer can and I smiled gratefully and walked into the next room before I went to put it down on a table, Logan had gave me spiked drinks before so I didn't really trust it. As my hand stretched to place the can on the table I heard my name called loudly from right behind me and jumped in surprise.

 As my hand stretched to place the can on the table I heard my name called loudly from right behind me and jumped in surprise

"You scared me." I said to Michael as he stumbled slighty coming towards me.

"Hey baby." I caught him and put my hands on his shoulders to steady him as he kept moving his head towards me to place a sloppy kiss on my lips. Something felt completely off about him, I looked at him fully and noticed a foggy distance in his bloodshot eyes and it scared me. I saw the boys behind him and led him over to them with me.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked them with an urgent whisper and noticed that they all looked quite unhappy.

"Cal, why don't you and Michael go and get us some drinks." Luke said with authority, Calum nodded understanding the situation and took the oblivious Michael into the kitchen. Our eyes followed them until they were out of sight. "He's high."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Michael's been in bad places and he used to be into drugs but we got him off them when we became mates. The last few days though, apparently he's been back into it." Ashton sighed with genuine concern in his eyes for one of his best friends.

"Well, what happened?" My voice began to get panicked in worry for the boy that I cared for more than myself.

"His mum called mine yesterday and said that Michael had a massive arguments with his parents about his school grades and then his dad said that we weren't good enough for our band to make it and said something about you and Mikey just flew off the handle." Luke said with the same worried exterior that Ash and I had. My pumping was thumping rapidly around my body.

"We need to stop him from doing that." I spoke the words unsurely, I could barely take in what they had told me. Michael used to have a drug problem and now he was staring to get back into it. It made my heart ache. The boys nodded. I went to speak again and start making a game plan for whatever we needed to do to help Michael but him and Calum were walking back, Cal supporting most of his friends weight.