2.0 • J e t B l a c k H e a r t

Michael

The white walls around me felt tight and suffocating, as if they were closing in. I could hear random beeps and cries but I couldn't properly establish if they were in my head or not because everything looked, sounded and felt blurred. I hated being in the hospital waiting room alone. Evie was in surgery, her wrists being sowed up but even if she was out I wouldn't be able to see her because I wasn't immediate family, unless I got permission from her parents. I had called everybody and told them what had happened and they had told me that they were on their way but the minutes felt like hours and by the time multiple footsteps came towards me I felt like I had been there for days.

"Michael!" The boys all shouted at near enough the same time and that was all it took for me to start crying again and throw myself desperately towards my friends. The four of us stood there hugging until I pulled away at the sight of Evie's parents and my own.

"What's happening?" Everybody asked me urgently. I began to speak as tears fell down my cheeks.

"She's in an emergency surgery

"She's in an emergency surgery. They're sowing up her wrists and checking her over." I told them sadly.

"Why would she do that to herself?" Evie's mother sobbed quietly as her husband pulled her closer to him. It was a contrast to my parents who were stood away from each other.

"She's in pretty bad condition, worse than me." I said sadly, thinking of how she looked so damanged but still so beautiful. "Logan doesn't go easy on anybody."

"I'm going to kill him!" Her father growled.

"I'll gladly help!" I exclaimed.

"Me too." All of the boys chipped in.

We all sat down again and time moved by slowly as everybody sat in silence just waiting for any type of news. Eventually my parents went down to the hospital cafe and Evie's parents were called into a Doctors office to have a private chat. Calum turned to me and sent a small smile my way, Ashton and Luke followed his movement. "How are you feeling?" Cal asked.

"Shit." I said bluntly. Ashton sighed and looked at me intently.

"It's not your fault." He said slowly and clearly.

"It is." I shrugged. "I let her go through two weeks of hell and she thought she had no way out. I've never wanted to kill somebody more than Logan when I saw the state she was in."

"You couldn't have done anything more than you did

"You couldn't have done anything more than you did." Luke contributed to the conversation, I loved the boys for trying to comfort me but I just wanted them to shutup. Nothing mattered apart from Evie and I was just waiting for her parents to walk out and tell me what was going on, I was surprised how much they liked me already and were willing to talk to me but then again after a boyfriend like Logan I couldn't be much worse.

They walked away from the Doctor not long later and gestured for me to come over to them. I basically ran across the hospital floor. "What is it?" I asked frantically.

"She's out of surgery and awake." Relief flooded over me like an ocean wave. "She's asking for you."

"I can go in?" They nodded and told me the room number, I began to make my way to see her. I was exited because it had been two weeks since I had properly seen her and when I had it was an image I would never ever forget but I was also scared because she could have hated me for all I knew or she could still be bruised and battered and I hated seeing her in that state.

I opened the door slowly and looked over to her. Red hair sprawled out across her pillow as she looked out the window. I stepped in nervously and as the door closed behind me, she turned and locked eyes with me.

"Mikey." Her voice was hoarse and tired, probably like my own.

"Evie." I exhaled. "I'm so sorry, baby." I said, my eyes becoming damp as I stormed over to her bedside and took hold of her hands.

"What are you talking about?" She asked confused. "Why are you apologising."

"I let him take you!" I lay my head on her stomach as I began to cry harshly again.

"No!" She shook her head avidly. "He hurt you, there was nothing you could do."

"But I should have." She leaned forward and placed her hands on the side of my face bringing us closer together.

"Please don't think that, ever." She whispered, gently placing her lips against my forehead, comforting me when it should have been the other way around. "My parents like you a lot."

I smiled. "Really?" She nodded. "I've enjoyed speaking to them, they're nicer than my parents."

"Has anything happened with them?" She asked.

"They've eased up on me a bit, I guess." He shrugged.

"Even though you went on a drug escapade and got beaten up badly." I chuckled a bit.

"Even though."

"No more bad shit, Mikey." She promised and I knew she wanted me to promise back.

"No more bad shit."

"That includes getting beaten up and high." I nodded.

"Although, I am obnoxious when I'm drunk so somebody might want to be beat me up." I chortled.

"Probably me." She giggled.

"Hey! That's mean

"Hey! That's mean." I pecked her lips and looked at our joined hands, seeing the bandages around her wrist making me frown. "No more of that." I told her, kissing her wrists as she nodded.

"Never." She smiled. "I'm so in love with you, Micheal Gordon Clifford."

"Same here, Evie Louise Jones."