2.1 • H u r r i c a n e U n d e r n e a t h I t

Evie

"Normally, we would put people with your injuries under suicide watch for at least four weeks-"

"Yes but I'm not suicidal." I objected as I kept stern eye contact with the antagonising Doctor who had been looking after me for my time in the hospital. I had been there for a week and I needed to get out.

"You slit your wrists, Evie." I flinched at her harsh tone and narrowed my eyes as my voice involuntarily raised.

"I'd been kidnapped and was being abused everyday!" I yelled feeling patronised, I flung myself up and tears fell from my eyes. The door opened quickly and my dad came strolling in placing a hand on my shoulder and staring down the Doctor.

"Ev, I'll speak to Doctor Launders. You go and get ready to go home." I nodded and walked away quickly trying to lessen the tears and pushing my hair out of my face.

I closed the door of the bathroom harshly and leant against the wall taking deep breaths, trying to regulate my breathing

I closed the door of the bathroom harshly and leant against the wall taking deep breaths, trying to regulate my breathing. I just felt shitty. I had been stuck in a hospital for days and they thought I was suicidal, it was my choice to slit my wrists but at that point I thought Logan was going to kill me anyway and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction that he had got when he abused me every other time. The police hadn't found Logan so I was scared shitless everytime I was left alone in my room, thinking that he was about to come and finish me off no matter how stupid that sounded. It felt like he had damaged so much of my life. Made me love him, used me, abused me and it seemed unlikely to me that he would let Michael Clifford end it.

I looked in the mirrow and splashed some water on my face to try and freshen myself up, mind and body

I looked in the mirrow and splashed some water on my face to try and freshen myself up, mind and body. It didn't help much. I spent a bit longer in there trying to keep my anxiety at bay before turning and walking out. My room was empy. The horrid feeling of lonliness and fear seeped into my mind and made me shiver, I wrapped my arms around myself. "It's okay E-"