2.2 • P o i s o n P e n

One month later

Evie

"I'm scared." I said nervously as I stood next to Michael looking nervously at the vehicle in front of us. Michael turned around as quick as a bullet and looked at me with wide eyes. "What?" I questioned his expression.

"Scared." I sighed as I realised what I had said.

Logan had been arrested finally after the hospital and there was a small court case a week later where I had to give evidence, it was the scariest moment of my life but I pulled through with Michael Clifford by my side. It had been a month of healing, physically and mentally. The cuts and bruises faded quicker than the fear and paranoia we both had. We stayed in my bedroom for a week or two and we still managed to have lots of fun, with each other and our friends when they came to visit. We wanted each other to be safe and happy so after what I had went through with Logan he put himself on high alert when I mentioned anything close to being scared or unhappy.

"To go on a motorbike, well, slightly nervous." I tried to take away the uneasy atmosphere.

"You don't have to do it." He shook his head. I put my hands onto his face and kissed his lips with a smile.

"You need to stop thinking that I'm so fragile." I told him keeping our foreheads pushed together. "You don't scare me or pressure me into anything."

"I just don't want you to feel bad anymore." His eyes trailed to the ground.

"Michael Clifford, every minute that I spend with you is a happy one." He looked up, sending a small smile my way and pecking my cheek before turning around to look at the motorbike that was parked in front of us.

"It's always been my dream, to ride one." He said adoringly looking at the bike. "And now I've got you riding on it, it's one hundred times better."

I giggled. "That sounds dirty." Michael shook his head at me before breaking out into loud laughter.