Chapter 1 Bionic Academy

Amelia

I walked into the halls of the bionic academy with my head between by shoulders. I didn't want anyone to know who I was or what my powers were. My best friend and sister, Ramona, stood next to me as I walked to where my dorm would be.

The funny thing is my sister and I have always been roommates and Mr. Davenport let us once again be roommates as long as we both made friends here. I knew that would be easy for Ramona, but that would be difficult for me.

I was always the repel end of friendship while my sister was the attract end of friendship. The only good thing about this was that I had my ferret, Mikey, as my companion. A note sat on the table from Mr. Davenport.

Put on uniforms and come to lobby- Donald Davenport.

My sister did as she was told taking her assigned uniform to the bathroom to change. I stayed behind, and organized our stuff with molecular kinesis as I put my books on the shelves in the correct order.

I was halfway done with it when Ramona finally came out of the bathroom. In a flash, I was in the bathroom getting my uniform on. After I was finished, Ramona and I walked to the lobby where all of the students were at.

Like usual, I wasn't paying attention as I kept my hands in the pockets of the hoody I managed to grab out of my bag. My uniform was orange as was Ramona's uniform. I noticed already that Ramona had already struck up conversation with a few bionic girls.

Like always, people would give one glance at me and look away almost immediately. I was used to it, but I could feel it was stirring inside of me talking to me from the outside. Only one person took interest in me.

That was another girl wearing the orange who walked up to my wanting to strike a conversation with me. To be fair, I didn't want to talk to anyone.

"Hi, I'm Meghan!" she said enthusiastically taking me off guard.

"I'm Amelia." I answered hesitating to shake her hand.

I ended up shaking her hand as my hand was immediately grabbed by hers, and she was shaking it fast. I can guess what one of her bionic abilities is: super speed.

"Why are you here?" she asked me.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"I was a part of bionic army, and I didn't see you there in the aftermath of everyone, so my question remains. Why are you here?" she asked me.

"My sister and I are here to see if by harnessing and controlling my abilities, we can snuff out the demon that still lays inside of me ever since an accident when I was younger caused it." I explained.

"You're that girl with the creepy, horror movie like powers that get you into trouble for no apparent reason." she exclaimed.

"Yep, that's me." I laughed nervously.

Meghan looked at me weirdly before laughing nervously and slowly walking away. Great. Just great. I ruined the only opportunity to have a real actual friend. Finally, the Davenports and Mr. Davenport came in. Me being me had to eavesdrop on their conversation, and I did just that.

"Don't "Hey Leo" me. I look like a bionic bumblebee." the one I think is Leo exclaimed.

"Hey, so what do all of the different colors mean?" the girl I believe her name is Bree questioned.

"Mr. Davenport and I assessed each of the kids' bionics, and the colors represent their level of mastery. Red for expert, and it goes all the way down to yellow for beginner." the one I believe is Chase explained.