Chapter 1 - Falling Friends and Denying Acceptances

Beep, beep, beep.

The sound of a mighty thud resonated through me when my phone's robot sounding alarm rang madly.

"Ouch!" Wincing, I desperately rolled around on the carpet after falling from my bed and tried to ease the pain rushing around my body.

As the pain simmered down, I laid as still as my body would let me and blew my wild hair away from my mouth. I sighed at the ceiling, contemplating whether the waking-up-every-morning part of my routine was worth it.

However, thunderous sounds of stomping footsteps bought me back to my reality. The echoing sound of squeaky laughing getting nearer to my room made me panic.

Getting up off the floor, I hastily jumped back into bed and threw my duvet over the top of my head. I stayed flat and motionless, keeping my eyes closed. I wished, prayed even, that I would be left alone... at least until my snooze alarm rang.

Except, my four-year-old twin brothers didn't care much for my sleep.

When my bedroom door slammed open and the harsh sound of wood violently hitting my wardrobe rattled in my ears, I didn't move. Couldn't let them know I was awake.

"Oh, Ken-ny!" Derek, the devil twin, sang out, elongating his syllables.

My eyes skyrocketed upwards and my eyebrows knotted up into a frown. The feeling of my eyelashes scraping against the fabric of the duvet was unusual, but all I could think about was what was it that they wanted from me.

"Mummy sent us to wake you up." Kian, the less-evil twin, told me.

Picking up on some quick whispering between them, I couldn't make out what they were talking about - or planning, even. But soon, the subject of their whispering was made apparent when I heard a thud. Only this time, it wasn't me who caused it.

Out of fear, I frantically threw off my duvet off to check.

My eyes first locked onto my brothers standing in their superhero pyjamas, then my gaze slowly lowered to see my limited edition and signed copy of 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' novel on the floor.

The amount of control I had to show in that moment to resist crying or ripping my brothers into shreds was extraordinary.

My brothers were watching me. Kian gulped nervously, and Derek, why that little germ taunted me woth his mischievous eyes and his lips forming into a smirk.

"Oops." Derek tilted his head and shrugged his shoulders, not trying to hide his reaction even a little.

"You bloody-"

"Don't." My mum appeared at my door and pointed at me. My mouth opened to dispute with her but she raised her eyebrow to shut me up. She yawned and walked away without having to say any more.

If someone else was stood at my door, I vowed Derek was going down.

"Get out," I demanded.

Kian was first to bolt, but Derek continued to smile maniacally, then swiftly followed his brother out.

Taking a deep breath in, I bent down to grab my precious novel. I analysed it carefully, checking every edge to see if it was damaged, but luckily it wasn't. Patting the book as some kind of assurance to both it and myself, I placed it back onto my bookshelf.

I jumped back in surprise when my phone alarm blared out again. Rolling my eyes, I thought about all the ways I could get my brothers back.