Chapter 16 - Beauty Duty and Interrupting Revenge

Unfortunately, it wasn't too long into our shenanigans that Shawn had developed a pounding headache, therefore, putting a damper on our plans to stop by a cinema.

With Ash's assistance, Shawn explained that his headaches were often quite unanticipated and painful, but luckily nothing to worry about. I assumed his headache was brought on by him scoffing down his ice cream fast enough to get brain freeze.

In an effort to do right by him, we all unanimously decided to stop by the hotel for lunch hoping for his headache to subside after food, a couple of headache tablets and lots of water, and especially just getting him out of the loud sounds around us.

Kindly, Ash and I invited Destiny to join us in our room to leave Shawn to get some peaceful rest. In the comfort of our room, both of us headed straight for our beds to lay on and use our gadgets to stay occupied, while Destiny helped herself around, finding something to keep herself busy with.

A little time had passed, and the sounds of Destiny mindlessly humming to an old pop song and shuffling around in the kitchen made me wonder what she was up to. Even Ash had turned to stare at me when the sounds got louder. I tried not to think too much about it, but that was until she marched out of the kitchen and positioned herself to stand in front of our beds, demanding our attention.

"All right, you two, I'll be off now," Destiny announced.

I peered over the top of my phone to place her into my direct view, and I observed that she was carrying a medium-sized unused glass water jug which I remembered being in the corner most of the kitchen.

"Uh, Dest, what's that you've got there?" I asked flippantly.

"A water jug, of course." She replied matter of factly.

I shook my head, my hair feeling the static against the fabric of my headrest, instantly knowing what she was going to do. "Dest, no, you can't take that with you. It belongs to this room."

A tense moment of silence.

"Tell me something; are you using it?" She simply asked, inspecting the dry jug and scrutinising the emptiness. Her behaviour was conducted in the same manner I would've expected a boss-level fight to start.

"Um, not really," I replied, mumbling my words out.

"Well, then – it's decided. I'm taking it!" She tapped the roundness of the glass, "Of course, I'll be sure to return it before we leave." She added sweetly with a conniving smile.

"Seems like a fair argument to me," Ash commented as he sat upright on his bed and nodded once. Destiny smiled at him, probably almost tempted to shake his hand to show her token of appreciation, but all she did was glare at me.

"Unlike you, at least someone appreciates the random things I do to bring success for this wonderful life I've created for you."

Destiny put the glass jug down on the coffee table she was standing by to stare at me, questioning my entire being.

"What the heck do you want me to understand from that?" I asked confusedly.

Her eyes narrowed pointedly. "You know exactly what I mean, Miss Jam-Sandwich."

"Oh, come on, Destiny! Stop bringing that up!" I dropped lower into my bed, melting and wanting to die.

"What's this jam sandwich thing about?" Ash asked, genuinely interested. "Am I allowed to know?"

At the same time as Destiny shouted "Yes!" I exclaimed the opposite.

Destiny swiftly stepped over to Ash to tell him, even after my clear refusal, but I was quick to roll off my bed and block her movements.