Chapter 19 - Balcony Rain and Random Behaviours

"Seriously!"

The four of us exclaimed at the same time as we stopped at the entrance of the hotel. Denying ourselves from saying 'jinx', it seemed neither of us desired a can of diet coca-cola when through the extravagant glass lobby windows and doors beheld a sight we didn't want.

Rainfall; heavy, rapid water droplets pouring down, hitting the cobbled stone ground and bouncing off the shallow puddles. The vibrant green leaves belonging to the large trees that surrounded the entrance, once providing shelter from the blaring sun, now abruptly fell to the ground from the impact of the rainwater. The gloomy atmosphere miraculously glistened and twinkled with a shimmering effect caused by the golden lights reflecting out of the glassed entrance of the hotel.

"Is this for real?" Destiny cried out in shock. With a stubborn loud tap of her open-toe heels that were not made for the weather outside, she turned to face the person on her right, who happened to be Ash. "Did neither one of you care to check the weather from your luxurious balcony?"

Destiny's statement distracted me from the scene outside. I popped my head forward out of the line we were stood in and spoke up, "Do you think our 'luxurious' balcony is some type of all-knowing, inanimate entity exceptionally great at telling the weather?" I look at her, concerned about her mentality.

"It might've helped to check," Shawn innocently mumbled.

Ash tsked and stretched his arm out behind us to whack him on the back of his head. "You should've looked out of your own damn window." He muttered low and incoherently.

While we all stood miserably, the sound of clicking high heels against the marble flooring, ones that positively didn't belong to Destiny, resonated behind us.

"Ash, darling!" The natural shrilling sound of a horrifying voice compelled me to karate chop the air out of fear. Seeing Angelica always made me sweat. She stepped closer, making sure her words acknowledged no one but Ash. "Aren't you a little unprepared to be heading out in this weather?"

Her eyes scanned over us dressed for the sunniest day. Shawn wearing black shorts and a white loose-fitting button shirt, resembling a Hawaiian-inspired shirt, whilst I was dressed in my striped yellow crop-top with three-quarter trousers. Ash was wearing dark blue jeans and a similar coloured short-sleeved t-shirt, meanwhile and Destiny was in her lilac summer dress with wedged open-toe heels.

Shaking my head, I instinctively moved closer to Ash. I was glad that he didn't mind my sudden movements, but eagle-eyed Angelica did and she wasn't going to be silent about it.

With her eyes narrowed on our closeness, she made a face of disgust. "Don't think for a second I've forgiven you for what you did to me... whatever your name is. Be grateful that I am just a rather generous and giving soul." She mentioned, flipping her perfect hair over her right shoulder and combed it between two fingers to make sure there were no flyaways.

I almost snorted out a laugh but the sight of Ash's tensed arm ahead of me retained my attention.

Destiny remarked, "Generous and giving on an alien planet, sure, but here? You might want to get your head checked out."

Angelica's dangerous eyes slowly moved to Destiny.

"I don't need a nobody to butt into my conversation," her eyes flickered to Shawn, "Perhaps you should talk to your girlfriend, babe, and teach her some manners."

My eyebrows skyrocketed.

Luckily, Shawn shifted closer and wrapped his arms over Destiny's shoulders, gently placing a kiss on her head.

Showing Destiny loving affection rather than responding to Angelica's comments made her squirm in return. It also gave me a reason to not annihilate Angelica from existence.