Chapter 17

The night that I broke up with Finn Summer and Izzy came over. I ended up telling them everything. What happen with Lily and about my past. Speaking of Finn, I haven't talked to him since the pep rally, I didn't even go to the champion game which they won. Summer and Izzy tried up to the last possible moment to get me to go but I just didn't want to see him or his and Lily's families and have to look at how perfect they are for each other.

It's the first week of February and it is like 3 degrees outside, so I'm spending my night in my room eating ice cream and watching Netflix with my hair in messy bun with leggings and a sweatshirt on alone. The girls are at lacrosse dinner celebrating their win. If it wasn't for that dinner I would probably be hanging out with them. Just as I was getting ready to watch the next episode of Stranger Things there was a knock at my door. "Come in." "Get up and get dress we are taking you out tonight." Summer said has she stormed in my room with Izzy behind her. " What are you guys doing here, shouldn't you be celebrating?" "No we shouldn't, we should be here with trying to make you feel better" Izzy said. " Now get up and change." It only took me a minute because I just changed out of my sweatshirt into a sweater. " Now put this on." " A blindfold you want me to put a blindfold on?" " Yes stop asking questions and put it on", so I did what I was told. Izzy took my hand and guided me down the stairs and out to the car. Where ever we were going it didn't take long to get there. The car stopped and I hear car doors open and shut then I hear my door open. I felt a hand take mine, "Okay you can take off the blindfold but you have to promise that you will not run away and that you will go in." "Fine." I took the blindfold off and look were they had taken me. "I thought you guys were going to make me feel better and you take me here!", they took me to the celebration dinner. "This a joke right?" "No it's not a joke, you just have to trust us and listen to him ." "Fine I will listen but then I'm leaving." We started walking towards the building and I was nervous and angry. I wanted to kill them for taking me here. I don't want to listen to what Finn has to say because it's not going to change anything, we are not happening.

We walk into the room and my eye's automatically go to Finn and he looks good. Then I notice at other table Finn's parents and Lily sitting together. "This the stupidest thing you two could have done . I don't feel any better I actually feel more sad." " Will you just shut up and listen." "Right now I would like for our captain, the best captain in all of high school lacrosse to come up here and say a few words." There was an eruption of applause and the there was some hollering coming from the other members of the team. "Thanks coach. First I want to thank everyone for coming out tonight to celebrate our state champion win but also for all the support. I know that I'm the captain of this team but I wouldn't have been able to do any of this if it was for the my teammates. I couldn't asked for better teammates, you guys are seriously like brothers to me. I want to thank my parents for being by my side through all the ups and downs of lacrosse. I love you guys." There was more clapping and during this Finn sees me and a smile forms on his face.

"Speaking of love, I remember the first time I fell in love with lacrosse I was a kid and I saw it on TV and I remember just being so amazed by what I was watching. Thinking how cool it would be to play that. I remember for my birthday my parents got me an lacrosse stick and it was the best gift that I ever got as a child. The second I got that stick I thought there was never going to be anything else that I would every love more than lacrosse. But I was wrong, but unlike with lacrosse I don't remember when I fell in love with this. I just remember holding her hand and thinking to myself how hard it would be if I ever have to let it go." He looks up at me and I give him my attention. "The first time I met her she was covered in food and pop but she still looked beautiful. The more I got to know her the more I came to know that she was one the strongest people that I have ever met in my entire life. She has been be through hell and back but even knowing all the that and what she went through it never changed the feelings that I had towards her. I don't care if the people that I care about don't want us together because if they really care about me they would want me to be happy. I don't care if this person thinks we shouldn't be together because no matter how hard she tries to push me away I'm not going to go anywhere." At this point the waterworks are happening and there is no stopping it. "I told you once that I was going help you make the best memories ever and I'm going to keep my promise. The question is Allison are you going to be standing there with me to make them?"

He looked at me, I looked at him and everyone in the room looked at me. So I said the first thing that came to my mine. " You want to make memories with me standing next to you. Well then you should come over here because I think this is a memory that I want to make." Finn came running off the stage towards me and I couldn't help myself I started running towards him and then our lips met.