Epilogue

"Kathy! Kathy!" I turned and smiled when I saw Jackson running towards me. Kneeling down to his level, I laugh as he throws his little arms around my neck. "What can I do for you, my little prince?"

"Hide me, Kathy, please?" He begged as he looked over his shoulder. "Daddy's looking for me and I have to hide." I can't stop the chuckle that spills from me as I nod. "I know a great place to hide Jackson," I say as I pick him up and hurry into the library. His infectious laughter rang through the room as we hurried to the back of the large room, slipping behind a rather thick, heavy curtain.

We covered our mouths as the sound of the library door creaking open could be heard. Our eyes met and Jackson buried his head in my shoulder trying to keep from laughing. We had met two weeks ago and a bond formed instantly between the two of us. Alexander had been surprised when Jackson had taken an instant liking to me. I didn't mind one bit; after all, my wolf considered Jackson ours because he was Alexander's.

The faint scent of bay rum and forest told me that my mate was in the library. I kept a close track of his footsteps as he slowly wandered up and down between the shelves, slowly growing closer to us. As he grew closer, my smile grew bigger. "I wonder where Jackson and Kathleen could be," I heard him speak softly as he stopped walking.

Jackson's arms tightened around my neck as I felt his body shake with laughter. I knew that Alexander could hear our heartbeats, so he knew that we were close to him. He started walking again, but away from us. "Oh well, I guess I'll just have to give Jackson's gift away to some other little boy."

He started squirming in my arms, so I set him down. I laughed softly as I watched him run out from our hiding spot. Stepping out from behind the curtain, I watch as he tackles his father's leg, smiling up at him. "Here I am Daddy! You couldn't find me, could you?" He asked as Alexander leaned down and picked him up. "I had absolutely no idea that you were in here, son." Alexander laughed as his son hugged him tightly.

"Where's my present Daddy?" Jackson asked his face serious. Alexander threw his head back, laughing hard. Slipping his hand slowly into his pocket, Alexander slowly pulled out a small bundle of black fur. The look of pure awe and surprise on Jackson's face made my heart soar. A soft whimper came from the bundle of fur and Jackson froze. Alexander slowly set the boy on the floor and kneeled before him.

"You've been asking me for a dog of your own, and I finally came through on my promise. His name is Roman and he is yours." Jackson's eyes widened as he looked from his father to the puppy he held in his hands. Very slowly, Jackson lifted the puppy up and tucked it close to his chest. The puppy snuggled closer causing a wide smile to blossom on the little prince's face. "Thank you, Daddy. I promise that I'll take very good care of him."

Jackson slowly left the library, his new best friend held securely in his arms. When he was out of sight, my mate stood and turned towards me. He pulled me into his arms, placing a sweet kiss on my lips. "Are you ready for tomorrow, love?"

"I'm as ready as I'll ever be Alex." My reply was a bit muffled by his chest. After things had settled down after the ball, Alexander announced that our wedding would be in two weeks time. He was giving me time to adjust to the idea of being queen and a mother to Jackson while giving his son time to adjust to me as well.

Giving him a smile, I slowly step out of his embrace. "I think it's time I turned in for the night. Tomorrow will be here before we know it, and we will be very busy." Alexander chuckled before giving me one last kiss. "Sleep well my love." I could feel the blush that shot across my face causing my mate to laugh harder. As I left the library to make my way to my room, I couldn't help but let a chuckle out as well. Tomorrow was the day that I had been dreaming of since I could remember, and I couldn't wait.