Chapter 10.

I walked past David's room and tried hard not to look at him. What he said to me downstairs really got to, because I kind of felt the same way he felt about me. I mean yes, he's a complete stranger and I still don't know everything about him, but I don't know. I guess I'll just have to schedule a lunch with my girlfriends to ask them about it. 

I took my phone off the charger and texted Nia and Halle. 

Me: Hey ladies, what do you say about lunch tomorrow at 12 noon? 

Nia: Sounds good to me.

Halle: I agree. 

Me: See ya'll in the afternoon then goodnight 

Nia: Goodnight love you girls

Halle: Goodnight darling love you too

Me: Love you more 

I laid my phone down and got into bed. As I was sleeping, I heard someone talking. Initially, it scared the hell out of me, because it's 3 in the morning so I expected everything in my house to be asleep, but I guess I was wrong. I quietly got out of my bed to see what it was and I figured it out. It was David praying. I don't know much about David, so I really didn't know anything about his spirituality. I still don't know actually who he calls to, but I was listening so hard to where I could figure it out. It sounded more like an apology. He was telling "God" that he was sorry for his past and he wanted forgiveness, but my question was What past?  What did he do that he didn't tell me he did? I need answers. 

"Father I need you more than ever,"he prayed,"I've lost it all and I still worshiped you now all I ask for is redemption. Redemption of life, redemption of stability, my soul.....my heart....love. I miss it all and I've been punished long enough." 

I started to shed tears when he said that and me not knowing exactly what he meant as I said before made me soft in the heart. I have to figure this one ou.....

"Shit!"I said tripping over Bentley's doggy bone, hitting my head on the door,"Ahhhh fuck." 

"Toni?"I heard my name,"Is that you?" 

Just be quiet Toni maybe he'll think he's tripping or something.

I quietly tried to tiptoe away, but failed drastically when he opened the door extremely wide. 

"My instincts were right,"he said. 

"Oh hey there, I didn't mean to wake you,"I said,"I um had to potty."

"I was wondering why you were up so late,"he said. 

"Yea, so um what are you doing up?"I asked suspiciously. 

"Just clearing my thoughts,"he explained,"I find it difficult to sleep at night sometimes." 

"Oh yea, I totally get that,"I said,"What were you thinking about?" 

Way to be nosy T. Mental high five. 

"It's personal, I kind of don't want to talk about it,"He said.

I DO! 

"I understand,"I said,"Well whenever you want to talk about it, I'm always here for you."

"Thank you, that means quite a lot,"he responded. 

"Yea so um goodnight I guess,"I said filling in that awkward hole I just put myself into. 

"Goodnight,"he said rubbing his arm. I could tell he's been crying himself,"I'll see you in the morning, if you don't run off."

"Yea,"I said awkwardly before heading to my room thinking about how bad I just embarrassed myself.