Chapter 24.

"What are you talking about David?"

"What I just said,"he started,"Why do you like him so much?"

"What are we 5th graders?"

"Just answer the question, is it money?"

"Do I look like a gold digger to you?"I asked,"How dare you disrespect me like that."

"Then what is it?"

"You really want to know why I like him so much?"

"Yes."

"Because he's a real man, he's thoughtful, he listens to me, he embraces me, he makes me feel good, makes me feel safe, he understands my everyday life on a level no ordinary man could ever imagine....he knows how to treat a real woman, care for and respect a real woman, and definitely knows how to talk to one,"I started,"Yes he has money, he has security, if ever come a time that I marry him I know I wouldn't have any worries, I know I wouldn't have to baby him and take care of him, He's provider and I know he'd love me and take good care of me. That's the type of man I need and that's why I like him."

The atmosphere in the room suddenly became quiet and tense. I knew I made him feel a type of way, but he asked for it. After finishing cleaning my face and brushing my teeth, I finally walked passed him to go get ready for bed.

"Toni?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked."

"You're good."

"Can I sit?"

"I don't think I can trust you sitting down in my bed."

"Okay, I'll just lay down."

"David!"

"You know my birthday is coming up soon, well a few months from now, but I was thinking like I'd really love it if..."

"Really?"

"I'm just trying to spark a conversation."

"It's late and I'm really tired."

"Let's go to bed then,"he said cuddling up to me,"Your hair smells phenomenal like a coconut and raspberry concoction, perhaps the Pantene collection or..."

"David please shut up!"I giggled,"You're annoying I swear."

"Really? Annoying? I was going for a slightly less dreadful word."

"What do you want?"

"I think we both know the answer to that."

"Go to bed,"I said watching as he finally got up.

"Goodnight."

"See you in the morning,"I said as he left.

____________________________

Weeks later

"Good morning!"

"Good morning David."

"Where are you going?"

"Out of town for a while,"I answered,"Here you go."

"What is this?"

"Your very own cellphone, with my number in it for emergencies."

"You're really leaving me by myself."