1| Ground Control

All systems are critical, can't find my way back to you

All systems are critical, can't find my way back to you. Feels like there's no where to go.
________

I looked through wide eyes, unaware of my surroundings, unaware of anything. My brain pounded as if someone was hitting it from the inside. Beating it for unfathomable information. Information I lacked to remember.

Basic facts I should've known were lost, out of my desperate grasp as I sat on the forest floor with tears in my eyes. My eyes darted from tree to tree, looking for anything that could indicate where I came from.

I stood up shakily, branches snapping underneath my feet. Through frantic breaths I tried to control the panic stirring up within me, I don't know where I am.

What is my name?

Where did I come from?

Is someone missing me?

More tears collected and cascaded down my cheeks. "What is my name?" I asked aloud, a hoarse and dry voice ringing to my ears. "I don't have a name."

Did I have anything? How did I get here?

An arrow flew by my face, the sound of a whistle ghosting into my ear. Deep in the woods, I heard the crunching of dry leaves. Footsteps trying to be silent. They would've succeeded, but my instincts were putting me on edge. The footsteps where heavy as a man's, more of them following in the distance.

I softly jogged over to the arrow that missed its target, looking over the slender piece of wood. A smooth stone carved into a prick. I smirked at how nice it seemed but something told me I've seen better. Hell, I could've done better. The stone was dull, and the wood bended all too much.

However, the person shooting was very talented as a second arrow went through my hair and hit the tree. A warning.

Quickly, I pushed my confused thoughts away, every fiber in my body on edge and directing my actions. I yanked the arrows out of the trunk of the tree, running as far as I could. The expensive looking dress I adorned only got in the way, angering me as my bare feet hit the branches on the ground roughly.

I ducked out of the way of the many arrows coming my way, the footsteps behind me increasing in speed. I had no idea of where or who I was and I was already being attacked. I couldn't have offended or attacked anyone yet, I just got here.

I saw a poorly made arrow made it's way towards my stomach, instinctively I grabbed it before the dull point made it's way into my skin. I felt a cool blade on my neck, nervous goosebumps now decorating the area. In front of me, a light haired man was pointing an arrow at me. "Give us any jewels and your money."

I ignored the fear bubbling up in me, clutching the arrows at my sides tighter. "I don't have any." I seethed.

The archer rolled his eyes. "What is that on your neck and arms, not to mention the satchel on your shoulder."