2| Coaster

I will be coasting, roller coasting

I will be coasting, roller coasting. I'm hoping that you'll come back to me.
________

From then on, I stayed with Robin and Roland. Months of babysitting and working at the tavern. We were our own little family. Robin always did his best to help me with my memories, I only got bits and pieces of information.

Wether it was road signs or vague names. A set of twins, a flash of green eyes. A bright red skirt and the scar on a woman's upper lips.

Names like David and Henry that held no meaning now but once did to my past. I remembered clouds of color, sparks coming from hands that were my own. And when I thought hard enough, I could replicate the sparks and colors I remembered.

The small magic tricks I could do amused Roland to no end, always sprouting a giggle on his baby face. Sometimes I'd create a cloud of snow over his curls, or give him a sunflower from the palm of my hand. Anything he wanted, I would try my best to create. Just to earn a smile that would last all night.

I loved Roland with all of my heart, and I loved Robin as well. Robin cared for me as a father, teaching me and helping me. I don't know where I would be without him.

"Addie!" I heard Roland's squeal before anything else, my body tensing as I knew what was to come. The ball of energy launched his body on my back with a laugh. "Get up sleepy head!" Since he was still so young, Roland's 'L's' came out as a 'W' sound adorably.

With a groan, I rolled under the hyper child who almost fell off my back. But he decided to lay on my stomach instead. "Why?" I yawned in return.

"Because the tavern opens in twenty minutes." Robin's voice greeted from the doorway with a small smile.
"Don't I get an employee leave or something? A vacation. Or maybe one off day." I asked, rubbing my eyes.

"Maybe, if you weren't staying underneath my roof. And I didn't feed you, or give you water to bathe in-"

"Alright!" I snapped as Robin chuckled in success. "But I should still get weekends off, I mean I do take care of your son, make your arrows, and help with the Merry Men-"
"Fine take the weekends off." Robin relented. "But get dressed, its Tuesday."

I sighed and shooed Roland off of me, pulling on a white tunic, tucking it into a green skirt that fell to my ankles. The shirt fell to my wrists and revealed my shoulders, it was simple and bland. However, the leather corset on the outside added something to it. I had carved vines and flowers to the leather to make it slightly interesting. Tying the fronts of my hair behind me and lacing up my worn boots that ended at the knee but covered by the dress of my skirt.

Roland was already sitting on the kitchen counter top as I started the eggs. "What did your father say about sitting there?" I asked nonchalantly, flipping one over.

"Fly me off!" He grinned with a clap of his hands.
"I cant do everything for you, you know?" I retorted, levitating his plate to him instead. "Now get off the counter before your teacher gets here."