Set up

Heather POV:

We hid Rodney's sister in an abandon house on the other side of town in the basement.

It was fucked up.

Outside there was bums and crackheads bodies littered all around the front that reek of alcohol and false dreams.

People never look in obvious places because well, they're obvious. When it comes down to this breaking the law shit you have to stop being paranoid. I know it's hard and take a lot of practice, time, and patience but once you do you'll stop doubting yourself.  You'll be more confident and the cops, well they will fuck with you because they're pigs but people on the streets will take you serious and not fuck with you because you put fear in their hearts. Either they'll want to kill you but make no effort because they're scared or make an alliance because it's better to be on your side than any other side.

When you do that the streets respect you.

But all I know for right now, we need to come up with a plan and fast.

I would look over at Amir every now and then. Wondering about what was going on inside his head.

He looked sad. Like his world was being turned upside down. He looked out of it.

I was panicking.

Breaking the law was like second nature but being worried about Meadow was something I had to take care of before I go crazy.

Knowing she out there with that crazy ass family caused me to worry.

Amir POV:

When Diana gave us the news I wanted to strangle her.

I was conflicted between the kids. I love the twins with all my heart but after Hazel died we finally got a paternity test and found out Diana was lying.

Them kids were never mines.

Now my daughter is gone, I'm tired of playing the calm Amir, I'm ready to fuck shit up.

"We should just kill her, I'm finna put a bullet in her ass right now."

"Amir sit down, we have to think about this with our heads, not our hearts."

"I don't want to think at all! I want to kill this bitch and her family."

"Go take a walk or something. Cool off so we can go about this right."

I wanted to argue with her. To tell her that we should just go in there guns blazing but  I didn't want to lose Meadow, I lost too much already.

"I'm going to the gym."

After that I took off.

3 hours later.

                                ***

Heather POV:

Amir ass was gone for nearly three hours. I know he hurting but shit I am too. Hazel was my baby girl, we didn't alway see eye to eye but no mother should buried their child.

While I was deep in thought Amir entered the abandon house. The floor boards creaked under his weight. It was a real shit hole. When he came down to the basement he seemed to be in a better mood.

"Where the hell you been at?"

"Working out Ma, I got a plan."

"Let's hope it's not stupid."

Amir started to speak Spanish and then another language. I must've pissed him off but he stopped hisself.

"We need to plan a set up, make a big ass distraction, snatch Meadow but snatch another family member as well."

"Why?"

"They'll never see it coming, with two people getting snatched they'll be confused and trying to figure out how to get them back. While they're distracted we go in for the kill. No one stays alive, no mercy on anyone."

"I like it. Let's get my damn grand-baby back."

"Don't even trip about that because if something happen to Meadow, lord have mercy on Diana soul because I'm going to-."

"You hear that?"

I stopped and listened for a moment.

"Yeah let's go see who was willing to walk into the belly of the beast."