Who can you trust?

Amir POV:

I didn't trust Rodney's sister but we didn't have a choice. Every time she said something warning bells went off in my head. But Mrs.Brown was convinced. I'm just waiting for her to break down. I think she's getting close to it, that's why she's so willing to trust his sister. She didn't break down when Hazel died. She cried but she didn't go into depression. Not that I know of.

Sitting in the car I held back my frustration. Ever since she said her little intro, her and Mrs.Brown been the best of friends.

I saw them approaching the car in my rearview mirror, so I addressed them.

"Y'all know that this isn't apart of my damn job description."

"Amir what do you do?"

Mrs.Brown asked raising her brow.

I wanted to tell her it wasn't none of her damn business but every time I looked into her eyes I saw Hazel.

The guilt was killing me slowly. I should've saved her.

Gripping the steering wheel I closed my eyes trying to calm down.

"Amir are you alright?"

"I'm fine, are you guys ready to go?" I said through clenched teeth.

"We bought these little outfits for Hazel-"

She stopped mid sentence realizing what she said. I knew what that was. If Rodney's sister didn't get away from her now, she'll regret it.

"Malia come here."

"What's the prob-"

"Get your dumb ass over here!"

She was talking shit under her breath but she moved closer to me.

"Mrs.Brown is having a flashback we need to give her, her space. Rodney killed.... he... killed Hazel and if she see you when she wakes up. She might hurt you."

I looked at her.

I thought when I looked at her that I would end up strangling her but it just made me miss Hazel. How do I find a woman like that again.

I'm losing my grip.

I should just shoot her or knock her fucking head off.

"Amir"

Snapping out of my funk, I looked up to see Mrs.Brown smiling at me.

She finally came out of her trance.

"Yes."

"Are you ready to go? I um bought these outfits for Meadow. So when we get her back she'll have fresh clothes."

"That's very thoughtful."

She smiled at me before getting in my car. I think she really appreciated those words.

After everyone was settled in the car she looked at Malia in the side view mirror and said.

"Don't think this makes us the best of friends, if something happened or happens to my grand baby so help me God... I lost my daughters. She stopped and put her hand on her chest like it was too painful to say out loud.

If I lose her too they won't be able to kill me before I kill you."

Malia was shook.

Hell I'll be shook too.

You dont mess with mothers. They're tough for a reason.

That made me wonder how Rodney's mother is.

Is she as tough as Mrs.Brown? What if they ran around in the same circle?
Mrs.Brown said something about her being hood a while back.

"Amir."

"Yes, Mrs.Brown?"

"When we get there just let me know that you won't leave me too."

I sighed.

"I promise."

"This year has been the hardest on me and my family."

"I know."

"I don't want Meadow to lose anymore people."

"I know."

"And if I die, I will hunt your ass. I'll get Hazel to join in too."

I held back my tears.

I wish she did hunt me, so that I can get the image of her dying and screaming out of my head, my memories, they're everywhere.

I didn't say that out loud. I should've but I learned how to deal with shit on my own. People are too judgmental for me.

"I won't leave you."

She looked at me and smiled.

"Good."

I looked at her for a second.

Everything happened way too fast.

We were all just smiling and finally feeling hopeful when this big ass black Ford Explorer ram into Mrs.Brown side of the car.

My car went speeding out of control. I tried to catch hold of the wheel but the glass from Mrs.Brown window got into my eye. I was trying to keep it together. I was a little hazed from the impact.

"Mrs.Brown!"

I was scared to look at the results, I had a crook in my neck and my right eye was gushing because of the fly away glass.

Her head was snapped to the side, she was knocked out cold. I looked in the back to see that Malia was hurt by the impact too.

Looking up I seen who got out of the car. I went to reach for my gun but it was missing. I seen the face of the man that I wanted to kill since the day I met him.

"Amir, where you been? Meadow's been looking for you."

With that being said, he hit me with the butt of the gun and I was out.

All I could think of is....

I'm going to kill him and make his whole family watch.