Never Mine

§§§§§

None of it made sense, but Sehun wouldn't let it get to him. Namjoo's behavior since his return had been off. Sometimes she seemed angry for no apparent reason and other times she was as fine as usual. It had become a difficult challenge trying to figure out what ran through her head these days. Sehun thought he knew her the best...until recently.

Right after classes ended Sehun made his way toward the club room. Taihee, Sungwoo, and some other guys were making a racket. Horsing around seemed to be their way of releasing stress after classes. Sehun didn't mind, he understood but it got annoying to the point where he wanted to draw a line.

"Sehun!" Sungwoo shouted jumping over to slap him on the back.

"Hey," Sehun calmly greeted.

"What's with you?" Sungwoo wondered dragging him over toward the computer area.

"We're going out tonight for some fried chicken and beer, want in?" Taihee excitedly asked.

"Uh...no," Sehun declined.

"Aw...come on, man," another one of them whined. "When do you ever go out?"

"It's a school night," Sehun reminded.

"So?"

Remaining patient with them Sehun said, "I don't want to."

Tightening his grip around Sehun's shoulders Sungwoo tried persuading, "It's just once. We won't ask you again this semester. Huh? Huh? What do you say?"

Gosh they were such a nuisance. Couldn't simply take a no from anyone. Sehun opened his mouth to speak but someone interrupted, "Leave him alone, will you? Sehun's not the same type of guys you are, irresponsible, party-obsessed."

Seona came into view when he turned around. A smile crept onto his lips.

"All hail the queen," Taihee joked as they dispersed.

Letting go of him Sungwoo commented, "You're a little late, Miss Hwang."

"Calm down, will you," Seona lightly snapped. As she began announcing tasks to be completed by them Sehun felt mesmerized by her mere presence. Among these prude guys, just a word from her had them falling back on their asses. Queen she was all right.

At the strike of 7PM the guys began leaving the room in groups. Within a matter of seconds Sehun was alone with Seona again. Shyly glancing at her from the papers in hand he happily smiled. He quickly looked away when Seona glanced up from her laptop. His heart pounded wildly. When her attention shifted back to her laptop Sehun snuck another glance her way. He was so relieved the guys had left. Just sharing a space with Seona made him feel all bubbly inside. The aggravating happiness made him want to giggle because of the inability to keep still.

"Lets leave," Seona said folding her laptop close.

"What?" he glanced up. Disappointment began sinking in. If he saw her one more day later instead of spending a longer hour together it just felt like his time with he was being cut short. Unfair.

"It's late. I'll give you a ride home."

Keeping his mouth closed he set the papers aside and stood up. Lifting his backpack over his shoulder he followed her out of the building. What she'd said to him yesterday about graduating stuck so visibly to his head that he couldn't think of anything else. He didn't want her to leave. He still wanted to see her so many more days in the future.

Maybe...she was the one for him.

Sehun knew with his whole heart that he just liked her and only her. If they got closer, what if she liked him too? What if they could become like other lovers, inseparable? He could literally melt at the thought of sharing a future with her.