Onto Another Tomorrow

§§§§§

Sehun came into work extra hard in hopes of getting all his paperwork done. He would pick Namjoo up from the hospital then he would spend the rest of the day with her. They would eat anything she wanted to eat and do anything she wanted. He had everything planned.

By the time he finished everything he packed all else away and was prepared to head off. He ran into Seona mid-hallway.

"Where are you going?" she asked. "The work day hasn't ended."

"I've done all my work, so I'm heading home."

"Why?" she continued. "Then, can't you help me with mine? We can have lunch and dinner afterward."

"I'm going home," Sehun insisted.

"Sehun!" Seona shouted after him when he turned to hurry off.

Heading toward his car he jumped in and sped down the road with one glance at his watch. He was running late. Namjoo shouldn't have to wait for him all the time, but he was making her wait time after time. When would she stop being disappointed with him?

15 minutes later he arrived at the hospital and darted down the hallway toward Namjoo's room. It was empty when he ran in. Searching the bathroom, he discovered it empty. Heading back down the hallway he walked up to the reception desk.

"Where has the patient in room 404 gone?" he asked.

"Let me see," the receptionist said pounding on her keyboard. Looking up at him, "She checked out a few minutes ago."

Sehun frowned confused. Namjoo was supposed to wait for him. Where would she have gone?

Turning around he headed back out debating on which parking lot to search. Namjoo could have gotten a cab anywhere around the hospital, and seeing how busy it was during the day it might take her some time getting one. He hoped she was still outside. They were supposed to have a nice lunch together. He had had a buffet in mind.

It was extremely windy today. Cars were beeping at each other when he crossed the lot in search of his wife. Sehun didn't have to run far when he recognized Namjoo's mother. Her short, shaggy hair was recognizable anywhere.

"Mother!" he shouted and watched them stop. Running the rest of the way toward them he stopped, panting.

"Sehun," Namjoo's mother said surprised.

"Where are you going?" Sehun asked.

"We came to pick Namjoo up," her mother answered. Sehun's eyes jot toward Namjoo whose eyes didn't meet his through the hair flying over her face. She knew he was coming for her. Why?

As if sensing that something was up her mother smiled kindly, "You've been busy these days, so it might be difficult for you to look after Namjoo. For just a few days until her health is a little better she'll be at home. Don't worry about her and work hard, all right?"

"Oh..." was all he could mutter though dejected.

Turning around her mother opened the door for her then got in after her. The woman looked out the window at him and offered a motherly smile before the car was off and they were out of sight.

§§§§§

"What was with that?" Namjoo's father asked from the driver's seat. "I thought you said Sehun knew you were coming with us."

"Namjoo," her mother tried.

She didn't want to talk about it. She didn't even want to say his name.

"What's going on?" her mother worried.

"I'll tell you about it later," Namjoo said then leaned back into her seat and closed her eyes. Right now, she wanted to be as far away from him as possible.