Hello Old Friend

The ample elevator doors slid open with a slight creak; three sets of footsteps echoed through the stretched out hallway, each at a separate pace.

"Sir," a very sizable male, who walked at a briskly pace on the left, called out with care, "are you sure you want to do this? I mean...with what happened in the past-"

"Patryk please," another male, who walked at a fair pace on the right, interrupted, "if you value your job, then please do not interfere with the Leader's plans!"

Patryk's eyes grew soft anxiously as he glanced at his partner/co-pilot, Paul, "But...the fusion...their home....Jon!" His eyes hardened with chagrin as he shot a glare towards the male in the middle, "Does this mean nothing to you Tord!?! Don't you ever slow down to think of consequences!?!"

Tord haulted quite suddenly with no response, and the three soon found themselves settled in front of three doors. Tord, with his one adequate eye, studied the golden numbers that were nailed to the doors. The one directly in front of them was 118. The Red Leader let out a slight sigh of relief, "This is it..."

Patryk looked away, but Paul kept his eye firmly on their leader as he knocked with his robotic arm. The three held their breaths with dread, and every second seemed to last forever.

Paul finally spoke (practically relieved), and whispered, "Sir, I don't think Edd is home..." he looked around and listened headfully, "I don't think any of them are home."

Tord shook his head aggravated, but secretly allayed, "Then..." he turned away from the door towards his minions, "I guess we'll just have to stand here and wait for their return."

Patryk, whose eyes grew in uneasiness, clasped his sweaty hands together quite blatantly, "Or we could leave and..." he looked around hastily, "Never return!"

"Patryk enough!" Paul barked at his comrade trying to shelter him and his reputation from Tord's wrath, "If the Red Leader wants to stay and wait, then we shall stay and wait!"

"Is someone out there!?! Please! Please help me!" all three men then snapped their heads over to the last door in the hall, where the urgent voice was heard, "I've fallen and...and I can't get up!"

Tord muttered under his breath in disbelief, "That's....Tom!" he ignored his minions' whispers of concern, and started towards the door reaching for the knob. "H-Hold on Tom...I'm coming!"

His hand twisted the door until a soft click was received, and with a slight push the door swung open with ease.

Sorry this chapter took so long, I had to go back and restart a lot of times. I am happy to announce though, that I am back and ready to update a lot more frequently.