Worried

"What's taking him so long?" Edd paced back and forth through the patch of grass next to their apartment complex, his heartbeat never slowing down, "It's been 30 minutes!"

Edd twisted around to his friend who sat cross-legged on the nearby sidewalk; he had a pristine mirror held up to gaze at his reflection in all it's glory, "It's alright Edd..." he then produced a comb from his lavender hoodie, and went on combing his spiky, orange hair into perfection, "You know how Tom is. Just relax!"

Edd sighed and placed his hands on his hips, clearly ignoring his pal, "What if he passed out drunk again?" Matt rolled his eyes as he scoffed towards Edd with a smile, "Or...what if he-"

Matt shook his head and allowed the mirror and comb to fall in his lap, "Edd." he interrupted as he turned to meet his friend's innocent brown eyes, "Relax. I'm sure Tom's fine..."

Edd let a soft whimper out and shook his head in denial, "I don't know about that Matt." he turned to stare up at the top floor of windows where their apartments were located, his eyes focused on them with worry, "Something doesn't feel right..."

Matt sighed and shoved the mirror and comb in his pocket before pushing himself up onto his feet. He then proceeded to join Edd's side; Edd just sighed heavily once more before turning to look at Matt, "I think we should go check on him."

Matt hung and shook his head in defeat, "Fine. If it stops you from worrying," Matt took Edd's hand in his and together the two headed towards the glass entrance, "then we'll go check on him."

Edd let a relieved smile show as the two were surrounded by the complex's warm and welcoming atmosphere; as the two waited for the elevator to arrive and carry them up, the short male placed a gentle kiss on the taller male's pale and freckled cheek, "Thanks Matt."

Matt felt his cheeks become red and warm before the two entered the elevator and the doors closed behind them, "No prob, Edd."

Little did they know of Tord's presence.

This is this weekend's update. Sorry I've been slacking, a lot keeps coming up in my personal life. Forgive me. Anyways, I hope all of you really like this story; I'm trying my hardest :)