Chapter 12

Victory

"They're still coming!"

The Celestials eventually made it out of the castle and polished off yet more Gratanites and bokahns. They crossed the bridge to the other side and, after a few minutes, the Gates of Oblivion opened and they had no choice but to fight them back. This mission had been the same as the last time Oblivion opened: form a line and don't let the Oblivionites leave until Ray sealed the portal.

Their fight against the Oblivionites raged on for at least seven minutes. Fortunately for them, they were still blessed by the Teketsu. However, the growing fatigue from their past battles and escape began to seep in.

"Just wouldn't be complete without him opening Oblivion again," said Yang, sending a group of Oblivionites back into the pit with a flying kick. The one to receive it flew into the others and they all plummeted.

"In any case, we can't let them out of Dark Valley," said John. "We just have to hold out until Ray can close the portal again!"

The sound of rock crumbling could be heard from the rear of the mountain along with Ray's scream. Shortly after, more thuds sounded off from inside the volcano.

"Sounds like that won't be for a while!" said Yin. "I just hope Ray is okay."

"I don't know how much longer I can go on!" Jerry moaned, sending another Oblivionite packing with a smack of his shield.

The earth rumbled a bit and Jerry lost his footing, slipping into the fissure. He cried out, in fear, and Yang was the first to notice. By the time he ran over to assist him, Jerry fell in. Jerry didn't fall far because Yang caught him by wrapping a Fire Whip around his wrist. Yang pulled Jerry up to safety and then they both joined in fighting the Oblivionites.

The Celestials began to falter under the pressure of the demonic forces. A familiar roar, from the rear, reminded them they weren't alone as Falcon rushed onto the scene. The dragon flew overhead and created a line of fire between the Oblivionites and his friends. As the Oblivionites crossed the line, he swiped them back down into the Abyss with his tail. Falcon's arrival reinforced the Celestials to push beyond their fatigue and go to work.

A few seconds later, though, the Oblivionites were sucked back into the Abyss and the fissures sealed shut. The Celestials began to celebrate when a part of Mt. Fury blew up and lava spewed out of the vent. All around them, the earth quaked as the mountain blew its top and flaming pumice flew from its mouth. The castle crumbled and a couple of towers fell into the molten moat below.

"I guess that means Ray won," Yang pointed out.

"Ren's magic over the volcano has worn off- that much is certain," said John. "If the stories hold true, then this mountain is about to blow. We have to get out of Dark Valley- now!"

"But Ray is still in there!" Yin said.

Another side of Mt. Fury burst at the seams with lava and gas. Falcon fidgeted uneasily while not taking his eyes off the volcano.

"He must be anxious to go in after Ray," Yin noted.

"But it's too dangerous, even for him," said Jerry.

Yang watched Falcon a second more before saying, "I'll go with him. I can withstand anything this mountain can throw at me, so I can guide Falcon. The rest of you should hurry up and evacuate!"

"Just be careful, Yang," said Yin.

"Don't worry- Falcon and I will meet you all later- with Ray. Come on Falcon!"

Yang leaped onto Falcon's back and the dragon flew through the castle doors. Jerry and Yin hopped onto his flying steed, John mounted onto his own, and off the trio went.