Chapter 14

*Bonus Chapter
Farewell

The previous four days felt like a dream. Ray awakened on the fifth day and stepped out on the balcony of his room. He closed his eyes and just absorbed the fresh air and the rays of the sun. Ray had almost forgotten how it felt to not have a care in the world and no worries about anything. Now, only one task remained.

During breakfast, Ray fellowshipped with his friends and uncle as always. The Korals had also been invited to attend, and Kayla sat right beside him. After the party had finished eating, Ray stood and tapped a fork against his goblet to gain their attention.

"Everyone," he said, "I have an announcement to make: three days ago, we defeated Ren and everything, since then, has been like a dream. But, I rose to tell you that I'm preparing to go on another brief journey."

"Is everything alright?" King Jeremy asked, concerned.

"Everything's fine, Uncle," Ray assured him. "I'm just feeling a little homesick. In five years, I've only been to Knightly Village once. Now that Ren is gone, perhaps I can actually enjoy a visit.

"And that's just my first stop. After a few days home, I'll then go on and search for my mother and brother and reunite with them."

"That's wonderful," Aelita Koral said, happily.

"If anyone deserves a break," said Jerry, "it's you. There's only one problem though."

"What's that?"

Kayla took his hand. "How much we are all going to miss you."

Hector scoffed and Aelita jabbed him with her elbow. King Jeremy stood and lifted his own goblet. All the others followed his lead.

"A toast, then, to Ray: the King of Warriors! May his journey be fruitful and may he have a speedy and safe voyage; to Ray!"

"To Ray," the remainder answered.

****

Later that afternoon, Ray loaded the last of his supplies and some food, granted to him by multiple citizens. Trades returned and people from the other United Kingdoms came over to help rebuild the city. No other sight could be as beautiful as the amount of support and fellowship which had been shared between the five great kingdoms.

Kayla, the king, and the Celestials met up with him, obviously feeling the effects of the bittersweet moment. Ray stepped over to all of his friends and hugged and shook hands with them, saying his goodbyes.

"Yang, look out for everyone."

"Take care, Yin, and watch over Jerry."

"John, my friend, hold everyone together."

"Jerry: try to relax and have fun, friend. Don't let Yin get away from you."

Ray hugged his uncle tightly. "I'll tell everyone you said hello," he told him. "And don't worry- I'll be safe."

Lastly, Ray walked up to Kayla and they embraced each other, sweetly. When they parted, Kayla took up Ray's hands and held them against her cheek.

"Remember that day, on the veranda?" Ray asked. "You told me to hold on to reuniting with my family after I was free. I'm taking you up on that."

"I understand," said Kayla. "I'm happy for you. It's just going to be so dull without you here. You've changed my life for the better and, now, I can't imagine life without you."

"Hey," Ray said, running his fingers through her hair. "I'll be back. I promised you nothing could ever keep me away from you, and I meant every word. I love you, Mikayla Koral."

They kissed. "Call me Kayla," she said, smirking. They shared one more kiss, this one more passionate. Kayla's hair actually began to stand on end during.

"And I love you too," she finished. Kayla pet Falcon and hugged his snout. "Take care of him, Falcon."

Falcon licked her, in agreement. Ray hopped onto his back and Falcon stood. "My friends: remember that with or without me, the Celestials are forever.

"Until we meet again- farewell!"

Ray tapped Falcon with his heel and he took flight. Falcon circled around Kayla and the Celestials as they all waved at them. Falcon flew outside the city and landed on a hill overlooking the countryside. Ray observed nature for a moment and felt the summer breeze whisk by. Then, with another tap, he and Falcon flew off into the horizon, on to a new chapter in their lives.

The End