11

Calum didn't spend the day with Michael today. And awfully enough, it made the pale boy sad as he laid in his bed with his head in the palms of his small hands, and his friends were doing very little of their part in cheering him up. I mean -- it's not like he expected them do something, as they were too self-absorbed in each other or their novels/comic books. Michael just wanted to kiss Calum again. Feel those sparks again. Live again.

"Are you done pouting?" Luke scowled, tossing an empty gum wrapper into Michaels' small trash can beside his desk. They were making his bedroom look messy, and that was definitely a pet peeve of his. And of course Luke missed. "Pick it up."

"Fine," Luke groaned with an eye roll as he stood up, threw his comic book onto the bed and walked towards the desk that he needed to tidy up again in order for Michael to be satisfied. Michael was just a perfectionist. And he was the one who chose to deal with that, because he loves Michael. But not in that way. He loves someone else.

"I'm not done pouting, if that's what you're still wondering about," Michael chuckled sadly, forcing out something that shouldn't have been at thought or in heart, but he wasn't thinking. He wasn't thinking at all. "I'm just a lil bummed that Calum can't go on a date today, 's all."

"That's it?" Ashton piped up, eyeing Lukes' ninja turtle costume -- that he had to admit, looked great on him, and made his butt look firm. "Michael, you're being dramatic. It's one day without the boy. It's not going to hurt for you to be distant."

"It's two days, genius."

"Don't get sarcastic with me, boy," Ashton warned, pointing out his index finger that was much longer than his. "Okay, dad."

"Don't call me that," Ashton groaned while rubbing his temple, and it was Michaels' turn to roll his eyes now. They were also being dramatic. He was allowed to be sad over this, especially because it meant Mitchell was getting a double take, over him. Of course Calum would choose his twin brother, Mitchell gets everything. Michael doesn't. Even if they argue about that too.

"Whatever you say, dad," Michael grinned as he stole one of Lukes' comic books and opened it to page five, revealing an entire chapter dedicated to the one and only Thor. It made the pale boy want to punch the blonde in the face, because why. Yeah, sure, Thor was attractive in the movies, but it wasn't fair how he had an entire chapter but his favorite character didn't.

"The Hulk is better, just saying."

"That's where you're wrong," Luke argued, "Thor will always be number one. He's literally the Norse God of lightning and thunder, and he has a fucking hammer that he can carry around all the time without anybody judging him for it. . ."

"Yeah, but Hulk can lift heavy things," Michael snorted, "I mean have you seen that body? Like damn, give me a taste of them abs."

"I thought you were asexual," Ashton chimed in with a furrowed eyebrow, and that's where Michael sighed. It was a sensitive topic to him -- something he wasn't quite committed to talking about just yet. "I am, but I'm allowed to say things like that without actually wanting it."

"You don't make sense," Luke frowned, stealing the comic book back from Michael, only to have the pale boy stick his tongue out in an immature way. They were such geeks. And Ashton was just in the corner, being Ashton and reading a new book. It was about some YouTuber.

"So," Ashton spat out of the blue two minutes later into their silent conversation that was spread through eye-contact, "I'm sure both of you remember the discussion we had about my cousin."

"The pansexual one?" Michael squeaked, excitedly thinking about bonding with somebody who was just like him -- because it was obvious that Luke and Ashton weren't going to admit that they were totally in love with each other and undressing one another with pairs of eyes and minds that thought alike in disturbing ways. "I can't wait to see him again!"

"Yes, yeah, the pansexual one," Ashton smiled, "mum promised to let him stay with us for the month. . . and uh, he doesn't have a lot of friends, and you know, he's pretty much an exchange student and doesn't know anybody but me because he's lived in Nebraska for a few years, but-"

"Sign me the hell up," Michael smiled, because he liked making new friends, almost as much as he liked Calum. Maybe getting to know Ashtons' cousin could be a good thing.

-

"Michael, he--"

"Michael, what?!" Calum whined, desperately wanting to hear what the falsely tanned boy had to say. Mitchell was leaning against his motorcycle, dangling a random dandelion that he picked off of the grass, between his stubby fingers. He had an X on his finger, and the brunette didn't really know what it meant.

"Look, Calum, I don't think you should get with Michael. . ."

"Why?"

"I overheard some things when Michael was skyping with his, how do I put this, 'best buds', last night, and uh, they were talking about some guy, and Michael was really excited about seeing him again."  He wasn't feeding lies to the Maori. Mitchell was genuinely worried about Calum getting his feelings hurt. He didn't want the boy to make the wrong move and regret it later on.

"Some -- some guy? It might be nothing."

"I'm not so sure about that," Mitchell bit down on his lip, blowing the remains of the dandelion off of the stem, just before throwing it onto the ground and stepping on it, "I want you to know this, because I don't want you to end up hurt in the end. If you do choose to date Michael, then that's fine, I won't interfere. But I want you to know that something may or may not have happened with this guy they were talking about, or something could happen, and I want to spare your feelings before anything bad occurs."

"Thank you, Mitchell," Calum smiled, pressing a chaste kiss to the falsely tanned males cheek, "I appreciate you for telling me this. I'll talk to him about it, okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

It was a nice day.

But what Calum was feeling in the pit of his stomach wasn't so nice.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

Do you think anything happened with Michael and Ashtons' cousin before?

Yikes. Drama.

Ashtons cousin is the cutest thing in this story ok. He's real too. (Not his actual cousin irl but he's a real person so like yes. I'll show pictures in the next chapter when he's introduced.)