15

Michael looked rather nice today. Oh wait, he always looked nice to Calum. The brunettes hands were shaking, and he couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night. Mitchell was lovely, an awfully sad person, but that's what he loved about him. It was a way to connect to him easier.

"So. . how was your night last night?"

"I dunno, I'm too busy counting the stars to remember what happened." He was trying to be smooth, but he obviously wasn't the best at that. "What stars?"

"The ones in your eyes, duh."

Michael smiled. Calum was so pure to him, so beautiful, and it made him love the fragile boy even more. However, at the moment, he knew he had to share, and it was hell. His brother got everything. "I see what you did there."

"Of course you did," Calum grinned, and Michael just chuckled. Time to get on with the day. "Do you remember our first date?"

"Yeah, we attempted to draw pictures, and I went home with paint all over my clothes."

"So you do remember," Michael challenged, feeling proud of his angel. Yes, Calum is an angel. "I'm so happy to hear that."

"It's kind of hard to forget. We had to bleach them for like hours on end, but it doesn't matter, because I had a lot of fun."

Calum wondered what they were going to do today. "And do you remember when you told me that story of you going to the beach?"

The brunette hummed, and Michael took that as a signal to continue talking. "Let's go to the pet shop."

"Okay," Calum smiled. He was mainly excited to look at the dogs. He's a sucker for them.

-

"Oh my god, oh my god, just look at that one! It has green eyes, Mikey!"

Michael faltered at the nickname. He really likes when Calum calls him that. "They're so bright and pretty. . like yours."

"Thanks," Michael flushed, and he proceeded to allow Calum to drag him around the pet store. He would point out every single dog, and he'd give each one a name, and would tell a backstory to go along with it. "Tell me about this one."

The dog Michael pointed at had only one eye, and the one that was visible was a very dark brown. Their tail was curly, their body was small, and it was possibly the cutest thing he's ever laid his eyes on, aside from Calum of course. "Well let's see. This pup right here lived with a family of firefighters. They had a favorite, a little boy, who was just sitting up in his crib, coloring in some sort of Pokemon that he was obsessed with. The dog sensed some sort of fire, immediately alerted the boy, and started to run out, but realized that the little boy didn't come with the pup. So this little sport ran back in, bit into the little boys shirt and carried him out, but ended up burning their left eye to death in the process."

"Wow, that's dense," Michael frowned, and Calum just shrugged his shoulders, mumbling I'm a dense person, and he really couldn't argue with that when it was true.

"What's your story about me, then?"

"I can't tell you!"

"Why not?" Michael pushed, eager to know what Calum pieced together, even if it was completely false. It made the Maori more of an interesting person. Not that he wasn't one.

"It's embarrassing."

"Come on!"

"Fine," Calum stated in a frumpy tone, and Michael was amused with his childish behavior. "So, you were little. Mitchell got everything. Everything. You were fed up with it, so you decided to find a place that suited you. It was like. . an eternal world, where the sun didnt shine and the moon didn't glow until you arrived. You were their source of light. You didn't understand when they got down on their knees and praised you, and it made you a little afraid. They gave you their entire home and treated you as if you were their king and they were your servants. They felt as if they owed you for bringing something so beautiful into their world, but you wouldn't accept it, because you've always been too kind of a person to let something like that happen. So you freed them, you continued to give them light and a world, and that's how you have the brightest and prettiest smile I've ever seen."

"That was the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me."

"You deserve nice things."

"Why?"

"Because you are nice, and I like that quality about people. It's like a retrospective policy that you gained throughout all of these years, and you let it flow naturally like its some sort of watering hose leaking onto molded grass that just needs a little bit of absorption to live."

"I like you, Calum."

Calum smiled. "I like you too, Michael."

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

This story is so weird lmao.