13

It was finally Michael day, and the pale boy felt ecstatic as he put on his nicest outfit and planned out the best date possible. Calum wasn't all that excited about it though, because he had a lot of things on his mind, and a lot of questions, but he wasn't sure how he could approach that subject of matter without sounding rude. I mean, the way Mitchell talked about Awsten, it was almost as though they had something going on before.

Michael wasn't expecting his doorbell to ring  half an hour early, and when it did, he panicked. His hair wasn't combed or gelled, and he hadn't showered yet. He needed to look perfect and feel perfect in order for the date to be perfect. "Mum, can you get that?"

Of course there was no answer.

Michael groaned as he threaded his fingers through his hair and ran down the staircase to meet in the middle with the one person who made him overly anxious. Calum. He didn't even have to try to look nice.

"H - Hey."

"Hey," Calum smiled small, his arms dangling at his sides, his feet moving in spirals as the constellations in his eyes faded into thin dust. "I thought I'd come early, if that's okay with you."

"I uh, sure," Michael gulped, "I suppose you can come in, but I have to finish getting ready. You're welcome to sit anywhere you want, and we have drinks and snacks in the kitchen, so that should keep you occupied for a while. I'll be back." And the green eyed boy rushed upstairs, his heart pounding inside of his chest and reeling him in like a fishing rod. He needed to hurry, that he knew, but he couldn't, not when he needed to look his very best for Calum. And it only took forty seven minutes.

"Sorry I took so long," Michael blushed, hating how easy it was for him to get embarrassed over the little things, "I'm ready to go if you are."

"Any specific place we attending today?"

"It's a surprise," Michael smiled, dodging his hand forward so it could be met with the Maoris, and both boys were breathing in an unsteady manner, and they weren't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. Maybe both.

-

"So, I used to come here all the time when I was little," Michael chuckled as he climbed up a ladder and held his hand out for the brunette to grab, so he could get up there too. "I wouldn't take you for the treehouse type."

"I'm positive you're thinking of Mitchell," Michael pursed, lips in a thin line, his skin feeling like it was bleeding, even though it was just those waves of electricity shooting through his body because he really likes this boy. "Mitchell brought his friends here to get drunk, believe it or not."

"He - He drinks?"

"What doesn't he do?" Michael sighed, wishing that his brother was just like him. "I warned him not to, but he doesn't listen to me. Not like he ever would, anyway. Siblings aren't supposed to get along."

"My sister and I do," Calum pointed out, and that made Michael even more jealous. He didn't want to talk about this anymore, so he kept silent, until the quiet was eating both of them alive, and the brunette believed that it was now or never. "Michael? Can I ask you something?"

"Anything."

"Do you and Awsten have something going on, or a past that I should know about?"

"What is this?" Michaels eyes twinkled. "The bachelor?"

"N - No," Calum held his head down low, and Michael felt bad, because he meant for that to be a joke, but sometimes, his jokes seem rude because he's too nice of a person. "I just, I saw the way he looks at you, and you were holding onto him for dear life, and I just, it kind of really made me sad."

"It did?"

"I struggled with going to sleep last night because of it if I'm being honest," Calum bit down on his lip, "I guess I just want you all to myself, and seeing you be all cute with somebody else just made me like you more."

"Now let me ask you something," Michael barged in, carving his initials into the wood of the treehouse, "I want to know if you'd rather be with Mitchell or me, because I'm tired of being the second choice. If you want me, or if you don't, let me know, or let me go."

"It's not easy, you know?"

"I know," Michael replied, though really, he didn't know, and deep down, he had a feeling that Mitchell would be the winning twin once again, and it hurt. "You still have time to decide."

"Maybe letting me kiss you will help me determine that decision?" Calum suggested with wiggly eyebrows, and that made Michael smile.

Calum really loved making Michael smile.

But he wasn't so sure about which smile he preferred more and wouldn't mind waking up to every single morning.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

This is so irrelevant, but I want to write a 'the bachelor' story so bad, with like Luke and Ashton and Michael and Calum would be the bachelor and I'd let my followers decide who gets to be with him but I know nobody would read it (unless I automatically choose malum for the win, then yeah.) but would any of you read it?

Also I'm super sick. So yeah. I shouldn't even be on social media yikes.

Please leave feedback, and I love you guys. Bye. 💕