20

Michael invited his friends over. The friends he stopped hanging with because he was so wrapped up in Calum. He felt bad, but they didn't seem to mind it. It was like they were never in different places to begin with -- and it meant a lot to Michael that they just forgot about what happened, left it in the past and continued their friendship in a mature way. It was sort of making him miss the brunette but Calum needed to fix his mistakes instead of bringing them into Michaels life. It was annoying.

"Dude. . can we like, watch a movie or something? I'm bored and my glasses are giving me a headache," Ashton whined, and Michael just subtly chuckled and whispered something to Luke, causing the blonde to blush. "That's not happening, Clifford."

"It was worth a shot," Michael shrugged. Mitchell was starting to warm up on him, and it actually wasn't really a good thing, but was at the same time. Where did Mitchell go, anyway? He didn't have any friends -- he only has Kate, who Michael still has yet to meet. "We can watch Spider-Man or something? I have the whole set."

"Nah," Luke disagreed, and Michael felt shocked. They were nerds and were turning down one of their favorite movies? -- interesting how the world works and changes drastically in such an unexpected manner. "I'm up for Mean Girls."

"When are you not up for that dumb ass movie?"

"Fuck off, it's fetch," Luke grinned, and both Ashton and Michael rolled their eyes. They ended up watching the film anyway, and weren't all that surprised that Luke knew it word for word. Dork.

When it was over, they left Michael alone inside of his house to clean and sleep -- and it was kind of gross. There was popcorn all over the floor, and the place sort of smelled like feet and it made him cringe. He knew he needed to do something about it, but today, today he was too lazy and too down to even think about doing anything. It was Calum getting inside of his head again.

And then the doorbell rang. Michael yawned, picked up his blanket that made him look like a burrito, and answered the door with a sluggish smile on his face. He expected it to be his best friends coming back because maybe they ran into their favorite actor, but it was Mitchell and Kate. Two people that weren't Calum -- he still really loves that damn boy.

"Hey little bro."

"I'm two minutes younger than you. Stop it," Michael frowned, and Mitchell just smirked. Being a twin fucking sucks. "What brings you here? I was about to watch this movie."

"Like you weren't just watching one."

"Oh shut up, you can't get on Netflix and only watch one movie. That's like committing a crime."

"Okay," Mitchell laughed. Kate was awfully quiet and it made Michael feel bad. "Sorry, where are my manners? I'm Michael. Your boyfriends twin brother."

Kate started blushing like mad, and it reminded Michael of Calum. Why can't Calum not be difficult for once? "Oh we -- we aren't together yet."

"Should be."

"Thanks, I guess?"

"Yeah," Michael smiled. There were things he needed to talk about, but he couldn't do it now. "I'm sorry, but can I -- can I talk to Mitchell alone for a few seconds? It's nothing personal."

"That's fine," Kate chuckled, and she found herself growing comfortable in their messy living room. It was okay. She liked Mitchell enough to know that it didn't really matter how he lived his life as long as she was a part of it. Michael dragged Mitchell upstairs, and Mitchell just blew his soon-to-be girlfriend a kiss. "Why'd you bring me up to your room?"

"I never really got the chance to thank you for what you did."

Mitchell furrowed his eyebrows and leaned against the wall. His faded red hair still made him look like a punk -- and his leather jacket just matched his look perfectly. Michael didn't understand how he wasn't hot. "I did something?"

"You -- you gave Calum up."

"Oh," Mitchell smiled, actually smiled and it made his twin brother feel warm inside. "It was nothing."

"Nothing? Mitchell - I, I haven't been one to admit this but you're right. I do get everything from mum and dad because I'm a spoiled brat who cares too much about impressing people. And -- and they never acknowledged you in the way you wanted them to, so you did things that weren't you to get their attention and being a punk slowly became who you are as a person. And I'm sorry for taking away the one thing that you actually got."

"It's okay, I think I got something better," Mitchell smiled once again, his mind set on Kate and only Kate. Michael still wished he had something as special as that. "I didn't give up because I didn't have feelings for him. I definitely did. Calum's a special guy.
He's an asshole who needs to get his shit together, but he's special. And he's really stupid for you, Michael. Go after that idiot."

"Why should I?" Michael laughed forcefully, it sounding pained and broken. This wasn't him. He's typically a happy person. "He wants to be with you."

"Did he tell you that?"

"Well no, but-"

"Stop that," Mitchell sighed, finally sitting down next to his brother and giving him a hug. This wasn't like him at all, but it was nice having something different for a change. But then again, he wasn't used to change. "I know it's hard right now -- but if you love him, then you gotta go get him. I can't let you pass up an opportunity like that."

"He's too caught up in his head right now, thinks he can still date both of us."

"Well it sucks for him that I'm pretty much taken, then."

Both brothers laughed. Why does something bad have to happen in order for them to become close? Interesting how that works. "Yeah. . . speaking of which, your girl is probably down there taking food out of the fridge so you should go occupy her or something."

"Only if you go find Calum and make him get his shit together."

"Are you challenging me?"

"I am, and as your older brother. . you will do as I say."

Michael let out a heavy sigh and slid on his nikes. "Fine. . but if this doesn't work out, I'll haunt you when I'm dead."

And that was that, before Michael asked Calum to meet him in his backyard to paint. They were going to start from the beginning, and find a way to put an end to this madness. Because if you love someone, you're willing to work through it -- even if it's difficult as hell. Michael loves Calum enough to know that it will turn out just fine in the end.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

THERE. Here's a real update. I can't stop freaking out about how alive malum is so I had to post those last two things ok and I'm probably not even going to delete them let's be real here

Anyway, please leave feedback cause it makes me happy and YEAH. bye!!