A Song For You, Kelly Michaels

You came. I didn't think you would. But you came, Kelly Michaels.

I sang my heart out on that stage, I sat on that stool, in front of that mic and poured my soul in every chord I played on my guitar, and Melanie swooned over me, thinking that I was singing to her, thinking that soul-breaking song was all about her.

But I think you knew it was about you, Kelly Michaels. You might have had your head down the whole time I sang, but I could still see that smirk on your beautiful face.

Amongst the crowd of swooning females watching me sing, you were the one I fixated on, you were the one I sang to. You were the one I looked to.

Could you feel me reach out for you with every note I belted out?

Could you tell how my heart was pounding and my emotions were soaring as I gave it my all? Gave you my all?

You must have, Kelly Michaels.

Melanie has glued herself onto my side, boasting about me to the swooning girls around us, making sure they know I'm taken and making sure they know that she is the lucky girl.

But with a soft kiss to her cheek, I let Melanie go, on the pretense that I'm going to speak to some other fans waiting, but I skip everyone because I see you sitting at the bar all alone with a beer in front of you. So I make my way to you.

I take a deep breath in before I speak to you, to muster courage, because I know this might change everything. Because I know, the moment you look into my eyes, I will break and tell you everything.

"Did you like it?" I ask, standing right behind you. These are the first words I've ever spoken to you, in the year I've known you, in the year I've watched you obsessively at parties, watched you go on dates, observed you while you eat strawberries and study at the library, these are the first words I've spoken to you.

At the sound of my voice, you turn around slowly, but you don't look up at me. It's as if you're careful not to do it, as if you fear I would run away if you do. As if you're scared that I'll see something in your eyes that I won't like.

God, but don't you know that you have the most beautiful pair of eyes in this world?

Deep inside, I'm praying that you see me, see the love I carry inside of me, for you. See the desperation I'm disarmed with, being so close to you.

"You didn't, did you?" I laugh, nervously, trying to lighten up the mood, trying to make you stare at me with those beautiful brown eyes of yours. Trying to make you talk to me, see me.

You reach for your beer and drink, not talking to me.

But why?

I know you're not shy. I've seen you interact with other people, I've seen how easily you flirt with some guys.

Kelly Michaels, I know everything about you. So, why won't you look at me?

"I wrote that song a few months ago, actually. It's about a girl I love but can't have. It's about..."

"Can't have? Aren't you dating Melanie? You have her, don't you?"

God, you just talked to me! You just spoke to me! You're still not looking at me but you just talked to me!

May it be about my girlfriend, may it be that you think the song is about her, you still talked to me, and if that's all I get, I'll take it in a heartbeat.

"It's not about Melanie," I reply, praying that you can tell from my voice how much I love you.

I should not want you to know, but I can't help it, I do; I want you to know everything, know about every damn dream I've had of you, know about every time I fuck my hand thinking of having you. I want to tell you in explicit details about how much you've tortured me.

You should know. Damn it.

"It's not?" You smile. A small smile. A smile that I'm sure you don't mean for me to see. But I do see it, Kelly Michaels and you're so goddamned beautiful. Mesmerizing. A Goddess.

The most beautiful girl in this world; your curly, raven-dark hair always shines and I could spend hours looking into your dark-brown eyes.

Your white, perfect smile is rare but it happens and when it does, even from afar, my world turns over on its head

Your hot, soft-curved body inspires the filthiest lyrics I've ever written, and your laugh, God, your laugh, it's better than any music I've ever listened to.

"No. It's not," I confirm, wanting nothing more than to see you look at me. But you don't.

Instead you take a last sip of your beer and stand up from the bar-stool, with your head still facing down.

You leave your flower-scent in the air as you walk away from me.

Leaving me desperate, leaving me hungry.

Leaving me and my love for you hanging on the precipice, without a safe landing in sight.

Please vote!

Isn't Kyle just so damn poetic? Lol

So, why do you think Kelly refuses to look at Kyle?

Do you like Kelly for Kyle or would you prefer he stays faithful to Melanie?