Chapter 7

*5 days before summerslam*
*12:25pm*
    Okay so 5 more minutes and I'll have to leave. Come on Corey where are you.
Did he stand me up?
No maybe he slept in?
Maybe he forgot?
Maybe his car broke down?
Maybe.......he doesn't........want......to see me?
Maybe he doesn't even want to think I exist?
Maybe he doesn't want to keep a friendship with me?

I start to cry thinking about these questions. These questions stomp there way into the head, leaving an imprint, I check my phone. 12:27pm it reads.

"What is wrong?" I hear someone tell me
"Nothing, just stuff bothering me" I say without looking up
"Maria, there's something wrong what's going on. Look up at me and tell me"the same person tells me
"I said it was nothing" I scream and look up to see Roman there. I jump up and hug him as tightly as possible.
"Look come outside with me and come into my car okay." Roman tells me, I cover my eyes with my sunglasses and walk out the café. I get into the car and lay my head against the window having the same questions running rapid through my head. I start to cry again. Roman pulls over on the street.

"Look tell me what happened and maybe I can help you" he tells me
I pull out the letter Corey left me. He opens it up and reads it.
"Look h.....he.........maybe he felt embarrassed" Roman tells me
"Embarrassed my ass, he didn't want to see my face because of this shit" I say loudly in the car.
"Look at me Maria-" I turn my head towards him. "He didn't want to come because he probably didn't want you to know he feels bad." Roman tries to help me
"Yeah okay, he left that letter for me to feel ba-" I get cut off with Roman crashing his lips onto mine. I try to push away but he keeps up in sync together. The kiss goes deeper and deeper from a kiss to an unexplained and yet unexpected feeling.
"You don't have to go with that jackass....you have me to be with you." He tells me
"I know I have you" I say with a little giggle and we continue.

I get tapped on the shoulder by Corey. I look up and hug him and start to cry on his shoulder.

"Hey look I'm sorry for making you feel the way I did. You think we can repair this relationship." He tells me
I grin, "I think we can work something out like that...but many in a different way" I look up at him. Corey pushes me away and walks out of my locker room.

Why not?
Why doesn't he want to stay with me?
Does he want to think of me the same way?
Would he still consider me his friend after this?
Is he gonna tell anyone?
What if he tells Roman?
Was that whole this with Roman a dream or a reality?
It felt all so real.

I couldn't let these questions get to me, I have to focus on SummerSlam. I have to be having one the most important matches of my career yet. I may be against a 5'1 girl but she is feisty and very fierce, very fast, I don't know how I am gonna keep up with her. I have to train. I go to a local gym with a ring and I practice running the ropes and I do some cardio workouts in the ring as well.

"Hey, you looking for an opponent" I turn around to see Roman
"Yeah, gotta train for my match this Sunday" I inform Roman
"That's right, so how you think she gonna be in the ring?" He ask
"Very fast-" I tell Roman. "But let's start training"
"Okay ready....don't hurt me now" Roman laughs

We train for about and hour and then leave the  gym. Fans stopping us outside the gym for pictures, after 15 minutes of that we start to walk to the hotel. We get into our hotel rooms and then take showers get dressed and then leave. As I am about to leave the room I get a text from Nikki.

 I drag my bags with me to the elevator and press the 3rd floor button

I drag my bags with me to the elevator and press the 3rd floor button. I get off and start to walk her hotel room, I get their and knock on the door. She opens the door and tells me to walk in.

"So what's wrong Nikki?" I ask
"With what?" She asks me
"You texted me telling me that you had something REALLY important to tell me.....what is it!?" I tell Nikki
"Oh, well about that... yeah it is very important, so the REALLY important thing I have to tell you about is......I-I-I......love you." She tells me
"Oh Nikki I love you to" I say getting up to hug her, I hug her but she does not hug me back. She pushes me back.
"No. Not like a best-friend love, a relationship love." She tells me with such a look on her face.
I stare at her thinking about what she had just told me.
"UHHH, Nikki I love you to but I gotta tell you this, I don't know if I'm into women or guys..or either for that matter.....I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my sexuality, just give me that time I need to find out my answers to my own personal questions." I explain
"Look I understand,I just want you to know that whatever you choose for your own sexuality I will be behind you a hundred percent." Nikki says to me ask she hugs me tightly. We let go and I leave her hotel room and walk outside to see Roman standing in front of his rental car. He opens the drunk and grabs my bags and puts them in as I go into the passenger seat. We talk the whole ride to the arena, listening to music, singing, dancing in the car seats and as we get to the arena we go to the locker rooms and split ways telling each other that we see each other later.
-
-
-
-
5 minutes before Maria's theme plays
-
-
-
-
*No ones POV*
Alicia Fox is already in the ring awaiting Maria's arrival into the arena. As her theme plays a mixture of cheers and boos shouts throughout. She gets in, having herself lean up against the ropes, as the bell rings the match begins.
Alicia Fox starts with slapping and screaming in Maria's face and then she continues to push Maria. Maria then tackles and punches down on Alicia and the ref pulls them apart, Maria climbs to the top rope and as Alicia is coming off the floor she gets tackled on by Maria and as Maria is gonna pins Alicia.

"1.....2..-" Alicia kicks out!!. Maria is now Infuriated and she starts to get the crowd hyped for her finisher move the of the night. She does her primal scream and the crowd cheers, she kicks Alicia in the face and then grabs her legs twist them along with hers and pulls her arms back. Alicia screams in agony and taps out and as the bell rings Maria lets go and the referee raises her hand in victory. As Maria leaves the ring she goes backstage and then.......-

-----------------------------------------------------

What do you think happened?