Kisses and life changes

"No that's not how this works! You can't just pick and chose when you wanna love me. You can't just leave me here wanting you and hoping you'll be back. You can't leave me in the dust and expect me to be on the porch when you pull back up. You stay now or you don't come back. I don't deserve this. Nobody deserves this. My heart doesn't deserve this."
I holler in shear heart break. "I might be back and I might not. I love you, but I need more. Goodbye, Emma" Carter says cold as ever. I stand on the beach, water running along my feet and tears streaming out of my eyes. That was the night it felt like my heart broke in two.

"Emma! Do you hear me?" My mom says snapping me out of my horrible flashback.
"I'm..."
"Emma, go get your car from wherever you left it out now. You have a college tour in two hours. Hurry!" My mom says scrambling around the house. I jump up and run to Todd's room and ask for a ride. A ride that costed me twenty dollars. As soon and we get there I hurry to the car, get in, and rush back home. I can't believe I forgot about the tour. This particular tour was the most important because it was at my dream college, Vanderbilt.

****
"So what makes this college your dream college?" Professor Brown asks with a serious face. I can't remember ever being this nervous in my life. We walk into a classroom much bigger than my normal high school ones. "It's amazing in every way. The academics are the best around. It's been the college I've been wanting to come to since I can remember." I say with a smile. "Satisfying" he says with a grin. "One last question, what is your biggest goal once you graduate college?"
"To be like my mom. In many ways, she's brilliant, caring, independent, strong. Amazing in the law field. If I could even come close to being like her when I'm out on my own I would be proud." I said with a smile. All of that was true. It wasn't to be impressive. My mother is amazing.
"Well thank you, Miss. Lamatics. We will be in touch."
I exit the building glowing. My life seems to finally be turning around for the better. All those years with my dad's drama, Carter being an ass, and my brothers being annoying just didn't seem to matter anymore. I was finally growing up. As I walk out I see my mom sitting the front in he black SUV. I hop into the passenger side.
"Well how did it go?" Mom asks excitedly.
"Good, really good." I say with with a smile. We drive off. My head in the air and super excited.

****
Well it's almost time for my first "date" with John. Butterflies are storming around in my stomach. My phone beeps with a text from John saying "change of plans, no dinner date, wear something comfortable. See you in 30 ;)"
"Oh no, what am I getting into?" I think.
"How's getting ready going?" Terrence says busting in my bedroom.
"What do you want?" I ask annoyingly.
"Nothing can't I just see how my little sister is doing?" He says with a fake grin.
"I'm broke and I'm busy. What is it and make it quick" I said while putting on another coat of mascara.
"Seriously, Emma be careful with this one. I know the last time you went through this it ended badly. Just be careful. I love you" he says turning around. Once again my heart sinks. He was sadly right. I do need to be careful.
"Thanks Terrence. I love you too." That was odd;he never acts like that.
Just as I'm scrambling my brain on telling myself to not get hurt this time, I hear jog a truck horn. I slowly walk to the door and open it. What was a black dress and heels, is now jeans, a tank top and red and black plaid shirt with brown boots, straightened blonde hair, and pink lipgloss. I hop into the passenger side and immediately ask" where are we going?"
"You look gorgeous" he says grabbing my hand. I smile and turn my head to the right to look out of the window. What an amazing day! The sky was turning pinkish purple when we pull up to a cleared out field. He hops out and opens my door. Confused, I step out. He walks to the bed and lays out a blanket. With a basket sitting on top.
"A truck pic-nic. Is this alright?" He says with a smile that made me melt.
"Absolutely" I reply.

We sit on the back of the truck for hours. Talking, laughing, .... And kissing. He's smart, gorgeous, caring. He's.... Another Carter. Maybe he's a Carter without a heartbreak in the end. We end the night in front of my house at midnight. "I had a great time" I say smiling and grabbing his had. "So did I, I'll see you next Tuesday?" He says looking mysterious. I loved how he had surprised me. I love everything about him. "To do what?"
"You'll see. I'll pick you up at 2:00" he kisses me one final time. I walk inside with my heart beating out of my chest. The house is dark and I walk to my room plunging on my bed, " I'm going to be careful" I say with a small smile and hands on my heart.