A What?...

"So Emma how was your date last night?" Todd asks smiling. I knew that he had been out with Candace the same night. I hadn't been able to talk to her yet because I hadn't gotten home until late. John and I talked and just stayed still for hours wrapped around one another. It was honestly kind've nice.
"Fine, how was yours?" I said all getty. I really want to know.
"Fine" he says with a smirk while pouring more protein powder into the blender with tons of other fruits and things in it.
"Fine doesn't cut it." I say excitedly. I stand up from the couch and walk to the bar stools facing the kitchen. "I don't kiss and tell" he says cutting on the blender. Ugh, boys.
"Fine I'll just call Candace" I stand up and walk back into my room and sit on the bed. I grab my phone and see at least ten texts from Emily asking us to come over. I jump into the shower then throw on my purple and blue shirt with the word 'bored' written on it and my gray sweatpants and brown uggs. With dripping wet hair and no jacket I race over to Emily's.
I ring the door bell to Emily's house and her dad answers.
"Hi, Mr.Ranger, may I see Emily?"
" she's in her room with Candace" he says stepping out of the doorway. I run back through the small trailer and go into the act door with the purple flowers and orange and white Tennessee stickers on it. Before walking in I hear sobs. I turn the knob and slowly open the door. As I walk in I see Candace and Emily huddled on the bed and Emily is crying. I sit down next to Emily on the green bedspread and look over. What could possibly be going on?
"What is it,Em?" I ask putting my right hand on her slumped down shoulder. She looks up with her red puffy eyes and pulls out a white stick. I grab it from her and realize it's a pregnancy test. "Wait are you sure it's right? These things aren't always a hundred percent true all the time" I say hopefully. She can't be pregnant. We still have so much more life to have before we have babies.
" tell that to the other three I've taken this morning" she says through a stuffy nose.
"Emily, is it... Is it Alex's?" Candace asks.
"He's the only one I've ever been with." She says. I stand up in disbelief. What do we do now?
" well what are you going to do? Whatever it is, we're here to help you" I say. I want to help but what can three seventeen year olds do about a baby? What do we know? After sitting there forever and myself pacing around the room she dries her tears and stands up. She walks to me and grabs my arms lightly.
"Emma, I don't know. But I've been given this baby. So I have to take care of it. I want you to help me when it is born." She turns to Candace and says"you as well"
I nod surprisingly. "But, we know nothing about babies." I say to her. She stand on her heels and turns back to me." We can learn. Now I need to tell Alex. I love y'all and I will call you tonight" and with that she opens the bedroom door. With mouths open Candace and I walk out.
Back at our cars we stand leaning against the passenger side of my car.
"A baby." I say still in shock.
"A baby" she responds.
Neither of us knew anything about babies. We were both the youngest of the kids in our family. Other than my cousin Carson, but he was only two and a half years younger than me. Not much of a baby.
"So, um how was your date with Todd?" I ask trying to get my mind off of the baby situation.
"Great. He's really sweet when he wants to be"
"Well that's great. I've got to go. I got a call from my uncle; some family meeting he's wanting to have. But I will definitely see you tomorrow." I say unlocking my car.
" ok see you tomorrow. "
We both get into our cars and drive away. What a crazy, weird day.