First Dates

"Carson, don't do that" I say laughing. My little cousin Carson has his first date tonight. He's asking for advice. John and I are going to drive them to the movies.
"So when do I know to hold her hand? Or kiss her? Or ummm" he asks nervously. He reaches down and clenches the sides of his khaki pants. Which was his nervous habit, he'd done it all his life. I giggle. It's cute.
"First of all, you've gotta calm down. Second you'll know when to grab her hand, hug her, or kiss her. You'll just know when to. Just don't say anything stupid, compliment her, talk but not to much. And most of all be yourself. The sweet, caring, crazy Carson."
"Okay." He says releasing his hands a little.
John shows up and walks in.
"Hey, let me grab my purse and I'll be ready"
"You nervous yet?" John asks Carson. He clenches his pants again and looks down.
"It's okay to be nervous. The first time I went out with Emma, phew I was nervous."
I walk in the living room and smile.
"You didn't show it" I say jokingly. "Exactly" he says kissing my forehead. We take my car since John's truck wouldn't hold us all.
We pull up in front of a gray and white house; on the front porch is sitting a little blonde girl and a man. Assumingly her father. John pulls into the driveway. We all hop out and walk to the second step of the porch.
"Hi, my name is Emma, I'm Carson's cousin and this is John, my boyfriend." I say reaching my hand out to shake his. He seemed stern but more towards Carson. He gives a slight grin and shakes mine and John's hand. He stands up in his stuff suit and unbuttons the blazer. He was at least six foot five.
"I'm Robert Cams and this is my daughter,Grace." The girl smiles and takes a step towards us. Carson steps up a step and says "nice to meet you sir"
"Be careful with my daughter, don't do anything with her you wouldn't do with me right there" Mr.Cams says sternly. "Have fun you guys" he says stepping towards the house.
We all walk to the car and get in. I turn around to the backseat and look at Grace. She was sitting nervously in her white shorts and pink button up shirt. Her hair is curled and makeup done lightly. She was actually cute.
"So Grace, what movie do you want to see tonight?" I ask her with a smile. She looks up and smiles back.
"Um, I'm not sure"
"Ok, well what kind of movies do you like? Romances, horror, comedy?"
"Mostly horror " she replies quietly.
"She's a keeper" John says backing out of the driveway. Carson laughs. I turn back around and grab John's hand. He looks over and mouths "I love you" which made me shiver. I'm just so happy when I'm around him. I think I might love him to. But I didn't want to say it, if I wasn't sure. I smile and squeeze his hand tightly.

****
Out of the movies, John and I meet them in the front after being in the yogurt shop across the street for at least two or three hours. Just talking, laughing, and having fun. I'm really falling for this guy. We walk towards grace and Carson. They're standing awkwardly in front of the movie doors.
"How was the movie?" John asks.
"Good" Grace replies with a grin. Carson grabs her hand and we start walking to the go-kart track across the street. We stand in line for about ten minutes and finally reach the ticket booth. The man in the booth leads us all to our karts. We were all in singles along with about seven or eight people. Carson is behind me and Grace beside me. I look over and say "let's get em" she laughs and slams on her gas pedal.
We all race out and needless to say, grace and I beat the boys. We walk out of the gate and John runs up behind me and picks me up. I see Carson kiss Grace. How cute. John grabs me up in the air with both arms wrapped around me. He kisses me and then sits me down. He wraps his arms around my waist and looks at me and says "you are absolutely beautiful" he runs his hands through my blonde hair and looks into my blue eyes. I have my arms wrapped around his neck, and I pull him closer to kiss him.
I just wanted to be with him all the time. Right now, in this moment, everything is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

****
The next morning I walk into the kitchen and see my uncle, Amy, Conrad, and Carson standing against the bar. I stop still half asleep and look at them.
"Um, hey" I say groggy and confused.
"Hey, you didn't show up to the meeting yesterday" Amy says.
"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I got busy with Emily and schoolwork and...I'm sorry. What did I miss?"
"Nothing. They just sat around and drank and the kids talked" Conrad says in an annoyed tone.
"Ok so if I didn't miss anything then why is everyone standing here staring at me this early in the morning?" I ask annoyed too.
My uncle walks towards me and looks at me with his arms crossed just barely covering the words "worlds best dad" on the shirt Amy had made him when she was five.
"Emma, something could have happened. That's why you need to show up to these things" he says almost in a stern yet sympathetic tone. He is so much like my mother it's crazy. Stern, OCD about everything he does, and wanting to control every detail. You should have seen him on Amy's first date. It was ridiculously embarrassing.
"Ok uncle B I'll be there next time. I'm sorry."
With that he walks out with Conrad. Amy looks over and asks "can I stay over tonight?"
"I guess" I reply. Then she stands up,and walks out. Carson still stands there smiling.
"So how's Grace?" I ask teasingly.
"I kissed her. And she said she wants to go out again!" He says smiling. I'm excited for him.
"Great!" I say smiling.
"Thanks Emma. There's no way I'm getting Amy to take me on a date" he says rolling his eyes. I totally understood. Amy wasn't really someone you could count on. One time when I was fourteen she had just gotten her liscense, and she dropped me off at dance practice; long story short, I waited for three hours before Terrence got out of work to come get me.
"I had fun. I'll take you again anytime"
"Love you, see you Saturday" he says walking away.
"Love you too." I say heading back to my room to get ready for school.