Chapter 9

Hello readers!!

I'm soooo sorry I haven't posted in a (long) while. I've just recently started college and finding time to continue these stories, has been difficult. But I'm writing a little bit every so often and of course, all the comments I get definitely help get me get motivated to write a little more so keep that up!! 

Also, if you have any ideas, stuff you'd like to see in this story, conflicts, arcs, characters, whatever, feel free to comment it or contact me and I'd love to discuss it!!

The photo above is pretty much how I imagine A'zántys. I don't think I've added a reference photo of him before so here ya go!!

Thanks always for reading!

~ Rhea, xoxo

******************

"There is no possible way for me to do this," Ismae said, her brow furrowed as she stared at her teacher, her lips pointed down in a frown. The sun had only peaked over the horizon a few hours ago, it's light washing over the forest and turning the sky an orange-blue color.

Isame and A'zántys had flown out here with Myrianí and Iormüngr for the past four days. They woke before dawn and followed the Master and her dragon an hour away from Arucane to a remote cliff that overlooked a large, green valley. They spent most of the day here, and though Ismae had asked many times, she didn't get the point of being out here. 

Each day, Myrianí asked the same thing of her; do an impossible task. Her Master placed a small polished stone in her hand. Myrianí had said that she was to make the stone hover in the air, and nothing else. She then sat at the edge of the cliff with her legs crossed and eyes closed. She meditated as Ismae struggled with the stone.

Myrianí's stayed closed, her breathing slow and calm. "Keep trying, Ismae," She replied. "You will figure it out."

Ismae humphed and walked away from her Master.

'A'zántys,' Ismae called out with her mind.

As Ismae struggled with the stone, Iormüngr took the younger dragon out flying. He had just started breathing fire a few days ago, and the green beast was teaching A'zántys how to control and direct it.

'Ismae,' her dragon's deep voice replied. 'Does something trouble you?' He could sense her frustration over their bond.

'I can't do what Master Myrianí is asking of me. How is it possible for me to make this stone levitate over my hand?' She frowned as she stared at the polished gray stone in her palm. 

'She could not be asking you to do this for no reason,' he replied. 'Look within yourself. You will figure this out.'

'You're no help either, A'zántys,' she replied with a frown, turning the stone over in her hand.
He nudged her with his mind, a stream of affection flowing over their bond. 'Concentrate. You will get this eventually.' With that, he pulled away from her mind.

"Stupid dragon," she mumbled under her breath in frustration.

Ismae turned the stone over again and closed her eyes. She took a deep breath; in and then out. She willed the stone to move, to do anything, but she still felt it laying in her palm. 

Her brow furrowed as she tried again. This time, she felt something within her. It started at the back of her mind. At first she had thought it was A'zántys poking at her mind again, but dismissed that once it grew. The sensation was different. It felt nice as it spread through her body. Then, she felt a tingle in her arm and her eyes opened. Her gëdwey ignasia shown. Its normal silver turned to a red-black color and the stone rose over her hand.