Chapter 5

He rarely ever got angry.

Mind, he barely ever felt anything but contentment, but what had just happened had thrown a bit more than just one emotion back at him.

Ink had to blink back tears of frustration, tears of pain, and tears of sadness.

These universes were his. He belonged to them, and they to him. If one of them was destroyed, he would feel it.

The pain from one universe was likeable to a tiny pinch.

The pain from countless universes was more like having several of your limbs snapped off, except that all the pain focused on your soul.

The universes were his source of magic. If all of the alternate universes were destroyed, his magic would be completely gone.

And a monster with no magic would fall down.

The pieces of these shattered universes floated around him, and he had to fight to keep his tears in.

Aftertale, Fusiontale, Poketale, Underworld, Underspell, Spectertale, Hypertale...

And so many more.

Ink curled up in a ball again, his thoughts racing, and adrenaline coursing through him because of the stabbing agony that he'd just gone through.

Who did he know that destroyed universes?

Ink's expression hardened.

With a snap, he teleported away...

Only to reappear back in the Doodle Sphere.

Ink stared at his hand in astonishment.

For some reason, he couldn't warp to the anti-void.

Ink frowned, and the Doodle Sphere seemed to whisper.

"Error Sans." He spoke, staring at his hand.

The Doodle Sphere seemed to whisper again, and Ink perked up.

With another snap, he warped away.

The stars greeted him, but for once Ink wasn't focused on their twinkling light.

The object of his attention was just ahead.

Just standing there, lost in thought.

But that didn't matter.

"ERROR!"

~~~~

When the paint attack splattered him from head to toe, it started to harden into something that was definitely not paint.

Battle reflexes swooped in, and Error shook the excess paint off, raising his arm and shooting strings at the one who had attacked him.

He wasn't going to question who it was, he was just going to question why.

He hadn't destroyed anything lately.

Maybe the other was just pissed off because he was in Outertale.

Whatever the reason, he'd been attacked, and Error wasn't going to let that go.

His strings latched onto the other skeleton, holding him immobile while he scraped the rest of the paint [now hardened into bricks] off his body.

"hEya ink."

"Error, if you don't let me go, RIGHT NOW-" Ink yelled, silencing himself with a groan of pain.

"yOu'll what, yOu littlE glitch?" Error mocked him, not even questioning why Ink had stopped.

Ink growled, looking up at Error with red colored pupils.

"You know what you did! You destroyed countless universes! All at once! Our feud has gone on long enough, but you went too far this time!" Ink yelled again, his pupils rapidly changing shapes, but staying the same color.

Error blinked.

"i havEn't dEstROyEd anything, yOu rainbOw asshOlE."

"You're the ONLY one who destroys universes! Who else could have done it?!" Ink huffed angrily.

Error frowned.

But before he could retort, the world shook.

Error's eyes widened, and when Ink's horrified gaze met his, he knew exactly what was going on.