Chapter 10

Sugarswap.

It had not been his idea to come here.

Error just wanted to go home, maybe go destroy something, but according to Blueberry, the anti-void had collapsed. That was how he had escaped.

...

Who would've thought that Blueberry would be the end of his own universe?!

It almost made Error laugh again at the sheer irony of it.

Poor helpless little Blueberry was not so helpless now.

In fact, in the very last moments of Underswap, after Ink had collapsed, Blueberry had pushed Error aside, picked up the small skeleton and practically ordered Error to get them out of there.

Normally, no one was ever allowed to speak to him that way, but as Blueberry was a new error, he didn't want to provoke any surprise powers by making him angry.

So they'd gone to the nearest universe.

Which happened to be Sugarswap.

Which was why there was a 'sugar-themed Blueberry' bouncing around excitedly.

Which was also why Error was pissed as all hell.

Ink looked pissed as well, surprisingly, and Error spared a second to believe that the only not pissed skeleton in this room was Sugarberry, because actual Blueberry looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.

Sugarswap Papyrus stepped into the room, and his easygoing expression hardened slightly.

"Okay, you have ten seconds to tell me who you all are or I throw you out." Sugarswap Papyrus demanded calmly. Error cast an internal vote and decided to dub him 'Honey'.

"papy! that's rude! you can't just threaten our guests like that!" Sugarberry exclaimed, zooming over to his brother's side and staring up at him. Honey glanced down calmly at his brother.

Error took another look at Blueberry. He seemed to be in shock.

Surprisingly, but not really so, Ink spoke up, attempting to defuse the situation.

"Um, actually, he's right. Well, at the very least, he's made a point. We, uh, intruded. Sorry 'bout that, but we mean no harm."

Error rolled his eyes, and noted that his action had not gone unnoticed by Honey.

"it's nOt likE wE mEant tO cOmE hERE."

~~~~

Sugarswap.

Now that he was here, Blueberry was starting to remember other things.

Seeing the Sugarswap brothers. They'd made him freeze in shock.

Didn't he used to have a brother like that?

Wasn't it-?

Wasn't it the one he'd ignored?

Wasn't it the one he'd left behind?

Wasn't it the one he'd killed?

He couldn't e v e n  s a v e  h i s  o w n  b r o t h e r.

He didn't even-

He didn't even get to say goodbye.

And he'd killed him.

Destroyed his own universe.

What had he done?

What

had

he

DONE?!

And he broke.

Blueberry cried out, clawing at his head and eyesockets. Error signs flashed all over him, and he fell to his knees where he was, curling up and trying to stop the burning magic, the frigid agonizing pain, the tearing at his skull that he realized were his own hands.

He didn't know what anyone else was doing, nor did he pay attention to the screaming that seemed to echo dimly around his head.

He didn't notice the world beginning to shake, nor did he see the dust of two skeleton monsters drift down barely ten feet in front of him.

All he could see was darkness.

All he wanted to see was his brother.

But that was impossible.