Page 5

The wind was cold as they drove with windows down allowing the nights air to swirl around their bodies giving them a calm for the fight that's about to happen.

" There's a group rising against me... take them out... if one of you dies keep fighting... if your last blow the place... lose and live then I'll find you myself... no one walks away till their all dead"

Toms words fresh in all of their minds with questions, how bad is this rebellion, can they take out the leader and still live to see another day, will one get hurt or will they all die trying, is this their final moments, many more thoughts ran through all their heads.

Something stood out but the guys couldn't see it, three of the men were nervous while the fourth was overly calm about the whole situation which no one noticed.

Pulling in they shut the cars off and grouped up as they walked towards the warehouse " You guys know the plan no need to talk it over... just make sure we come back alive" was all Evan said with a heavy heart he didn't want to think of losing the only family he had left.

He felt weak if he was stronger nothing would be as it is to this day things would have been different and safer, he was to weak to do anything and even after all the beatings he's still not strong enough and never will be, that thought was heavy on Evans mind with a major question.

If im not strong enough then how can I keep these guys safe tonight.

They all stopped in the woods just outside the warehouse, Evan gave the hand signal that aloud them all to split up.

Craig was in charge of hacking the cameras and finding every possible exit and escape rough they could use, find anything important incase things got tough, find a point where they can strike easily, get Evan a clear path through. So much was riding on him in this moment.

David was a scout, he was to sneak around and attack from behind once the war had been started, he was in charge of taking out a large amount and if he couldn't then he would get trapped with no exit.

Mark was set to cause the distraction, make an attack from the front after the leader was killed, he was on the front line of fire which was risky due to the amount of bullets that were about to be fired at him, one wrong move and he's dead on the ground looking like cheese.

Evan was to sneak through the back, find the entry Craig tells him about, sneak through the warehouse and take out the leader which would trigger the rest into action, if Evan messed up everyone could be in danger and Evan could lose his life which at this point he's questioning if it's even worth living anymore but he can't risk his selfish thoughts getting his family killed.

" Evan back side of the building there is a window two stories up it enters a storage room which is directly underneath the leader's office the hallway and stairs are only checked every 5 minutes so be quick we will listen for the alarm" after Craig's headset cut out Evan took that into play and started moving.

He waited till the guards outback walked away and where distracted by their conversation, he snuck past them and started climbing the wall faster than he ever has hoping he doesn't slip and come falling back or worse be seen.

Sweat dripping down his forehead Evans hands gripped each brick with dear life soon enough granting him entry to the window Craig called about.

Once inside he found a gun closet that looked like it's hardly ever opened, once squeezed inside Evan slowed his breathing down waiting as seconds seemed like years.

Soon enough the check Craig called about came in looking around " Do you really think we can take Syndicate down man" Evan heard one guard ask " Not sure but we have the surprise attack right now we just have to wait till he leaves the base then we attack" another guard said just before they both exited the room.

So much for their plan Evan spoke to himself as he creeped from the closet then setting a C4 in the middle of the roof then giving a few moments till he opened the door checking the hall way " Your clear Evan their checking the floor below you" Craig spoke quietly into the ear piece.

Evan started making his way down the hall and into the staircase, he took a deep breath pulling out his silenced pistol just before entering the top floor, lucky to him the hall was clear.

Evan counted the rooms and found the one their leader should be in, with each step his heart sped up he was hoping everything went the best it could and they would make it out alive but something in his gut knew it wouldn't go as he wished.

Once directly outside the door Evan knocked hearing the room go silent before hearing footsteps approach the door, taking a deep breath he counted down waiting for the perfect moment.

Once that door opened Evan raised his gun taking out the guards that opened the door then rushing to take out the others in the room which luckily weren't that many people.

Now it was Evan and their leader left " Well what a surprise looks like we had a rat in my group but good luck getting out alive" the short heavier set male said reaching for the alarm which made Evan smirk, quickly he reached for his hip pressing the button just before he sounded the alarm.

Time slowed as the floor collapsed underneath Time slowed as the floor collapsed underneath him, the leaders body was exploded sending a shower of blood through the room, there was one thing Evan didn't think about and that was he planned the C4 in an Armory.

Once realizing his mistake he took a deep breath hearing multiple more explosions going off as the floor collapsed, he watched the rubble of flooring and walls crashing down on top of him causing everything to go black