Page 9

It's been 4 weeks since the guys last job which wasn't much but tonight has higher risks, tonight they are to help watch over a slave trade Tom has set up underneath one of his strip clubs, they are to make sure no one ruins their operation and if things go down then there are to be no survivors.

Evan felt sick by all of this so he went out back to take a breath of fresh air and smoke which was something he just recently started doing hoping he could find relief in it like so many others do.

While leaning against the wall he heard the door open and turned his head to see Craig stumble out with a bottle of liquor in his hand " Smoking's not good for you" Craig slurred out standing next to Evan " And killing your liver isn't good for you" Evan said taking the bottle from Craig who winned " Your cut off we need to be somewhat functional Craig" Evan said watching the male stomp his way back inside.

Craig walked back inside wanting to shoot himself he already had plenty of shots but he's still conscious and doesn't want to be, there was loud music playing while different aged men all watched women on stage dancing naked he didn't understand how someone could show their body off like that but he can't exactly say anything about it because it's not his place.

Craig made his way back down stairs where he was to be in the room watching over the clients making sure no one pulled a gun or tried to ruin anything he wished he didn't have to this was the first time he's ever been to a strip club and wouldn't you know it he had to run a slave trade underneath one and he wasn't happy with it.

David was helping watch over the people that were confined in cages with torn clothes on, once the event started he was to give them clothes and make sure they change to look presentable and if they didn't do as told he was one of the men who were to force them to change, he also had to walk them on stage.

David had to wait and watch till the bid was done then take the girl or guy to their new assigned areas where they would be held till money was paid at the end of the event then make sure the buyer got their person, he had to hand a human being over to another as a tool and it made him want to throw up.

Mark was stationed at the doors checking ID's and the lists of those attending, he was to make sure no one was an undercover cop as he had a list of cops faces on the back pages to check the person, if they were clear he would allow them in if not then Evan was to take care of the person.

Evan walked back in seeing Mark standing by the doors with his eyes closed, he decided not to bother Mark and go stand on the side wall or well sit on the floor leaning against it, it was quiet for a while no one else came and no one left.

They soon heard Ali's voice over the loudspeakers when the music was cut off " Good afternoon everyone, welcome to the Black Curtain I will be your main dealer tonight with the help of my assistants, I hope you all understand the risks of tonight and don't pose a threat to this deal or you will be removed as to what happens I was not told, have cash in hand or transactions ready for payment at the end of the bids where we will process everything and make the deal, without further ado let's get this started" his voice cut off and music started playing but not as loud as before.

--

Its been over an hour and David is starting to feel worse than when he started, he grabbed a young girl o more then 16, he forced her out of the cage " Please don't please" she begged in a voice that cracked he has heard this multiple times already " Sorry love I have to do this" he said seeing tears pour down her face as he handed her new clothes, now he had some decency to turn his head while she got changed then walked her out front where he handed her off and watched her walk onto the platform.

Craig saw this young beautiful girl walk out on stage see looked so scared and he wanted to rush and help her but he couldn't, Ali-A started taking prices and you could see her breaking more as tears started down her face " Deal" Ali said as the girl was removed from the stage bought for 15,000$ it made him sick and Craig wanted to just rush out the door or let all these people loose and the longer this went on the more he felt that way.

Evan opened his eyes after hearing the doors burst open and Craig rush out back, he pulled himself off the ground and walked after his friend who he found puking outside by a dumpster " You ok" Evan asked rubbing his friends back.

" No E-Vanoss im not that is sick she was 16 hell some looked 12 that's disgusting who knows what's going to happen to them young girls forced to work for men and hell EVEN MEN are sold that's so wrong" Craig said feeling the tears come to his eyes, Evan wrapped his arms around Craig who nuzzled his face into his chest.

" We used to save people like that *hiccup* we used to protect... now... now were the bad guys" Craig cried out squeezing Evans shirt with force, Evan stood tall rubbing Craigs back whispering anything he could think of that would soothe Craig down so this time went fast.

Once Craig was calmed down they both made their way inside when Evan heard talking " Craig go inside I have to piss and it can't wait" Evan said seeing his saddened friend believe his lie and walk inside with slow steps not wanting to go back to the hell that waited for him.

Evan started walking towards the voices the closer he got the more one voice stood out, he looked around the corner seeing Mark standing while talking to two males whose faces he couldn't see hell he couldn't even hear what they were saying.

" Mark" Evan questioned as he walked out in plane sight, Mark said something to the males before walking angrily over to Evan " What are you doing" Mark said in a venomous tone " Me, what are you doing you know were to be inside" Evan said crossing his arms taking in the two males features, one looked tall and built but slim while the other was shorter and small stature but had broad shoulders.

" Evan this deal has to go on it's important and needs to be done so I suggest not ruining it because Tom will be pissed and he will be even more pissed if he knows you interfeared" Mark said with a sigh staring Evan down who held his hands up and walked away.

As Evan walked away he thought for a moment, Tom always puts him in charge of larger things like this so why was Mark in charge but it's not like Evan can just come out and ask because if Mark was right then he didn't want to risk anything happening for it.

Evan sighed as he sat down at the same place on the wall, starting at the ceiling he played with the charm in his pocket hoping time can fly so he can get back to looking into files trying to figure out who this new group is but by the looks of things it's going far longer than he hopes it will.