let's talk about mental illness

Every single day, people are being diagnosed with a mental illness. Mental illness is so common in today's youth. It's so important that we educate others on mental illness, someone you know may be struggling with mental illness and may need help. Mental illness is not just something you get over. It's not something you can talk about and have it melt away. It's not something to take a pill for and be fine in a day. It could take medication or counselling or therapy or treatment or all of the above. You can't tell someone who's depressed to just smile. You can't tell someone with anxiety to come down. You can't tell someone who has an eating disorder to eat. You can't tell someone with bipolar disorder to stop being moody. You can't tell someone with body issues to get over it. Etc etc etc. You can tell someone they are beautiful everyday, you can tell them they matter all the time, you can tell them you love them whenever you like. But that's only you. Just because you think they are beautiful, doesn't mean they think they are beautiful. You might love them but that doesn't mean they love theirselves. You may think they matter more than anything, that doesn't mean they think they matter. The way you see them is completely different from the way they see themselves. It is so important that every one struggling with mental illness get help. They deserve to love, they deserve to be loved, they deserve to be happy. If someone has a mental illness, that should not make you separate them from others. They could be just like you. They may have goals, hopes and dreams, things they want in life. They could want everything you want. That does not mean they deserve it any less than you. Because they are important. They matter. They deserve happiness. And no one deserves a mental illness. Some people wish mental illness on themselves and hope for it just so they can say they have one. If you want a mental illness so bad, any one with one would be glad to give it to you. Educate others on mental illness and if you or someone you know is struggling, please ask for help. Mental illness can affect a person both physically and emotionally. Before some people know about mental illness, it's too late.

You deserve to live. You deserve to be happy. You deserve love. YOU DESERVE TO BE HERE. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE STRUGGLED THROUGH SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. YOU ARE AMAZING. YOUR EXISTENCE MATTERS. WITHOUT YOU, THE WORLD WILL NOT BE THE SAME. YOU THINK THAT NO ONE WILL CARE IF YOU LEAVE US, BUT WE ALL WILL. THERE IS A WHOLE COMMUNITY OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE STRUGGLED AND ARE STILL STRUGGLING, WE ARE HERE FOR YOU. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US DESERVE TO LIVE, TO BE HAPPY, TO LOVE, TO BE LOVED, TO HAVE HOPE.
One by one, we stand together. We have struggled and we continue to struggle. We have each other to lean on when we need it. Always. We are one.