two: soon-to-be-wheeler

Eleven's POV

I woke up wrapped in Mike's arms. I guess I fell asleep during the movie. I don't want to wake Mike, he's sleeping so peacefully.

Mike yawns, "Good morning."

I turn my head and smile, "Good morning." I gently tap his arm and he releases me from his embrace.

"Mike, are we going to tell your parents?" I ask as I walk to the refrigerator to get eggos.

He sits up on the couch and yawns again. "Uh... I guess so?"

I look down at the ring and smile. I'm going to marry the first boy I ever liked. My first kiss, the one who took me in. I wouldn't be here without him. I thought to myself.

"We don't have to today if you don't want to..." I tell him as I put the eggos in the toaster. I feel his arms wrap around me, and I turn around and give him a kiss.

"It's whatever you want, babe."

"Well then... Is around 2 okay?"

He gives a cheesy smile and pulls me closer, "Any time I get to be with you is always okay." There's a short moment of silence before we start laughing.

"You my friend-"

"Fiancé, if I am not mistaken."

"Okay. You my fiancé... Is that better?"

He smiles, "Much better."

I playfully push him, "Cheesy."

The eggos pop up from the toaster and I give one to Mike and keep the other for myself. Once we finished eating we went to the bathroom to brush our teeth and fix our hair.

"I shower first," Mike said.

I put my hands on my hips and huff, "Fine. But quick." I walked out of the bathroom to get my clothes out, and a ray of sunlight catches the diamond. I look back down at the ring then at the bathroom door, and I giggle.

***

We pull up to Mike's parents' house and his mother opens the front door. I get out the car and give his mother a hug and ask her how she's been, the usual conversation we have when we visit.

Mike stops next to me and puts his arm around my shoulders. "Eleven and I wanted to show you something."

I grin, looking between Mike and his mother, and hold my hand up to show her the ring.

"Aw, Mike, Eleven. It's beautiful!"

Mike and I look at each other smiling.

"So," Mrs. Wheeler begins. "When do you become Mrs. Eleven Wheeler?"

"We haven't decided yet."

"Oh," Mrs. Wheeler looked a little upset that we haven't decided yet. "Well it happened only recently, right?" She points at my hand.

Mike and I nod, and at the same time say, "Just yesterday." We look at each other and smile.

"Well come inside, you can't stay there forever!"

I was about to walk in until Mike said, "Actually, Mom, we have to head back. It's a busy day."

Mrs. Wheeler frowned, "Oh. Well come back soon so you can tell your father!" She walked over to us and gave us both a hug. When she hugged me, she took my left hand and held it tightly, "Congratulations, sweetie."

I smiled at her, and then looked at Mike, "I'm lucky."

Mike picked me up bridal style, "Not as lucky as I am."

He put me down next to the car, and opened the door, "M'lady!"

I kissed him, "You're a dork."

I closed the car door, and Mike went around the driver's side to get in. "You love me though." We share a serious look, and I start laughing.

"Of course I do."

I wave to Mike's mother as we drive away. Once we get to the highway, I ask Mike, "Why didn't you want to go in?"

Mike had his hand on my thigh and his grip tightened. "We're going somewhere."

I smiled, "Is it a surprise?"

Mike smirked, "Of course."

Mike always likes to take me somewhere as a surprise, usually in the spring he would take me to the beach just to walk. I never really cared where we went though, as long as I was with him I would be happy.

The car came to a stop at a park not too far from our apartment, "The park!"

Mike smiled, "That's not all of it." He got out of the car and opened the trunk. I tried to get a look from the rearview mirror, but I didn't see anything. I get out of the car and see Mike standing with a woven basket and a blanket.

Mike enthusiastically yelled, "Surprise!"

I giggle closing the door, and walk over to Mike. "Thank you," I kiss his cheek. "Eggos?"

Mike smirks, "Of course."

We walk with our arms linked to a picnic area and we set up the picnic in a sunny spot. "So," we sat down. "Do you want to talk about a wedding?"

Mike smiled, "Yeah."

I gushed over the wedding talk, telling him about dresses and how I want eggos. "I don't want something big. Something small, just your family and the guys."

Mike smiled, "Whatever you want is fine with me... As long as I get to be yours."

I smiled and kissed Mike, "I love you."

"I love you, too"