seven: wait, what?

Mike's POV

"Gaaah! Jonathan, come on!" I held my hands up to my face to shield my eyes from the bright white flash of the camera.

"A picture to cherish the memory!" Another flash, another click. Jonathan lowered the camera and smiled, "That wasn't too bad, now was it?"

"Terrible, I think I've gone blind." I wave my arms around in front of me, as if i were trying to feel a pathway and laugh to myself. "That's an insult to blind people and now I'm probably going to hell."

"Well that's no surprise," Dustin walked through the gate and gave me a pat on the back. "Congratulations, Mike. This is all you've wanted and more, glad you finally got it."

Eleven smiled to herself, her face turning a shade of pink. "All these years and you two still make each other blush like crazy, huh?" Lucas put his arms around me and Eleven, "It feels like just yesterday Mike was just a blubbering idiot." He wiped away a fake tear and sniffled.

"Oh, shut up," I playfully elbowed him, which made Eleven laugh. Her laugh was one of my favorite things about her. The way her eyes and nose would wrinkle. She would smile so widely that I would worry her mouth would fall off. And the way her face would go from her fair, fawn skin tone to a rosy pink, and her eyes would start to tear if it was truly hilarious.

"Sigh. It's not that funny." The three of us were pushed apart. "Will, not cool," his older brother  reprimanded.

"It was a joke, Jonathan. Relax. I'm cool now." Will smirked and crossed his arms. Yet it was clear by the expression on Jonathan's face that he didn't think Will was "cool now". The brothers exchanged fierce looks with each other for about three minutes before Joyce broke up the tension, trapping them in her embrace.

"You two cut it out before they kick you out." Her voice was a harsh whisper, loud enough for me to hear, but somehow quiet enough for the others not to. Joyce smiled politely and led the boys to the corner of the yard.

I didn't notice when Eleven and I walked in, but the yard had messily painted white wooden tables and chairs set up all over. Glass vases filled with yellow and white flowers, ones probably clashing with the season, (but I'm no florist) as centerpieces.

Eleven walked up to one of the tables and picked up a yellow flower from the vase.

Eleven's POV

"Soft..." I said quietly as I brushed the petals against my fingertips. The bright yellow petals reminded me of the summer sunshine, suddenly I felt warm and fuzzy. But the warmth turned cold as a brisk breeze swept across my skin, giving me goosebumps. Like when Mike would hold my hand, but much less pleasant...

Wait... I put my hand against my stomach. Wait a second... I put pressure. I looked back and saw everyone making conversation, the music had just started and more people had appeared. Some were faces of extended family I've never met. They waved, I waved back and smiled, it probably looked fake because the pain was getting progressively worse.

Next thing I knew... Black.

Will's POV

Thud. We all whipped our heads back to see Eleven on the floor.

Mike ran to her aid and tried to shake her awake, but nothing. "No. No. No! Come on El! El! Please, please, please wake up." But her eyes didn't open.

I walked over and put my hand on his shoulder, "I've given you guys a hard time lately, the least I could do is call."

His eyes were glassy and his eyelashes were wet. I don't blame him for crying, I would be too if I were in his position.

I walked into the house, Nancy set everything up. From flowers to reception, it's like it was her wedding with all the planning she did. Eleven only had some part in it. Now everything I've said is going through my head.