six: mister and missus

Eleven's POV

The night before the wedding...

I've been feeling more and more anxious each day we get closer to the wedding. I can't tell if I'm more excited or nervous, but I can tell that it's a combination of the two. It's not that I don't want to marry Mike, of course I do! I don't think I'd be happier with anyone else.

"I don't know if I'm supposed to say this, but are you as nervous as I am?" Mike asks.

"I just might be more nervous."

"That makes me feel somewhat better," he smiles. "At least tomorrow it will be official. Eleven Wheeler has a nice ring to it, right?"

"It's perfect."

He kisses my forehead, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

The day of the wedding...

The alarm clock goes off at 6:45 am, waking me and Mike up. Mike props himself up on his elbow and looks at me with a smile, "Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning."

"We have to get you to Nancy's by 7:30. I'm going to shower."

"Okay. Don't take too long, I have to shower too."

He walks into the bathroom and peeks his head through the door before responding, "I'll try not to."

"You'd better not."

The shower turns on and I can hear Mike humming. I walk into the bathroom and pick up my toothbrush. Then Mike starts to sing, trying to make me laugh.

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down-"

His plan worked, and I fell to the floor laughing, toothbrush in hand. "Oh my god, I don't think I can breathe."

"I hope you can, otherwise this would be a sad wedding."

I get back up and start brushing my teeth. Once I finish, the shower stops. "You're done now?"

Mike takes the towel from the hook and it disappears behind the curtain, "You wanted me to be quick." He steps out the shower with the towel around his waist, arms out as if he were presenting something spectacular. "And here I am, out of the shower in five minutes."

I clap, playing along, "Amazing. Truly spectacular. Wonderful."

I begin to push him out of the bathroom and hand him his toothbrush and the toothpaste, "But it's my turn now."

Twenty minutes later...

We pull up to Nancy's, and I kiss Mike, "I'll see you in a few hours."

"Can't wait to see you looking even more beautiful."

I smile and get out of the car. Nancy opens the door with a giant smile, "Can you believe it?! Today you officially become my sister!"

I think Nancy was more excited about the wedding than I was, which I thought was pretty funny.

"You're not excited for your own wedding?!"

"What?! No! Of course I am, why would you think that?!"

"You aren't jumping with me!"