Chapter 1

*rings*

I was awakened by the bell. Darn! I didn't know I was the only one left in our classroom. I tied my hair into a messy bun and grabbed my bag, but I suddenly heard some footsteps from outside the room. I crossed my fingers hoping and wishing it was Zayn, though. The shadow of a guy stopped on our classroom door, it cranked open and I let out a small sigh when I finally saw a head sticking out from the door.

"Paul! Gosh, I thought it was somebody else." I said as he raised his brows.

"You think it was somebody else? Or should I say, you think it was Zayn?" He said with a sarcastic tone. I just shook my head and let out a chuckle.

"Come on, KC! I know you've been dying to seduce Zayn but you just can't." He said. Well, yeah! Wait, what!?!?!

"No, you shoot---!" He cuts off by putting his index finger on my lips. He does this when he doesn't wants me to deny something, instead of lying. Paul's parents and my parents are business partners. Well, since I don't have a brother or a sibling, he stood there for me. He's kinda' ah-. Well, let's just say, he's more like a brother and a sister and a bestfriend to me. A brother, cause he always protects me from boys and other stuffs. A sister, cause he always picks dress for me and even puts make up on my face. He's gay, I know. A bestfriend, cause he's always there to support me when my own parents can't. Sad though, well it's not my problem anymore.

"Ms. Krystalle Cait Collins, you still there?" I blinked my eyes when I heard Paul's voice. Then I realized, I am now in the glass window where I see the whole football field. Well, how long I've been walking? But anyways, I saw Zayn with his pal and his err—girlfriend, I think, in the bleachers.

"Yeah, still alive!" I said with a fake smile. He let out a heavy sigh, knowing he gets the point.

"She's Gigi. She's Zayn's current girlfriend" He said as he shook his head. A tear escaped my eyes and I hurriedly wiped it with the back of my hand before Paul sees it.

"She's a beauty." I said with more tears escaping my eyes. There are no use of wiping it cause it's too late.

"I bet you're better than her." He said as he rubbed my back.

"If I'm better than her, then why not me? Why her?" He shook his head. His eyes widened as he sees someone in the field not far from Zayn.

"There's a lot of cute lads out here, KC! Don't stick to the only lad who's been hurting you for so many years." He points out Zayn and then the guy next to him. "Look, he is much cuter than Zayn." He refers to the curly lad next to Zayn. Well, yeah. He's right. I chuckled lightly to him and he winks at me. I bet that wink is not a good idea.

"I want to know his name!" He half said-half shouted. Before I could say word, he pulled me towards the elevator. I just let him pull me, cause I wanted to talk to Zayn.

When we arrived at the ground floor, we headed towards the football field. It was a bit dark since it is now twilight but my eyes were clearer than before. It was clearer that I am now in front of Zayn.

"Hi, Zayn!" Paul greeted him with a shake hand and he glanced over me but just nodded changing his smile into a serious face. Paul talked to him a couple of minutes, congratulating him about their football game last week.

"Would you introduce us to your friends?" Paul said with a smirk drawn on his lips.

"Well, yes. Guys, this is Paul my childhood friend." He said as he points Paul. "And this is Krystalle, m-my---."

"She is Zayn's childhood friend too and who happens to be his first love and---." Paul continued and was cut off by the girl next to Zayn.

"Too much information." The girl said but Zayn just ignores her. Paul rolled his eyes and gave the girl a fake smile just like what she deserves. My attention was focused on the lad next to Zayn. Sure is a cutie and a hottie too!