-5-

I tug my jean jacket around my body tighter as Calum and I trudged through the snow.

Currently, we're at a tree farm since every year we got a real Christmas tree instead of those fake ones at target.

"We should get a big, thick one. What'd you say?" Calum slings an arm around my shoulder and I cringe away, smacking it off my body.

Just because he abused my arm doesn't mean I'm scared of Calum, hell no. If anything, Calum should be scared of me. I'm not going to show him any more signs of weakness from now on.

"I don't care anymore, get what you want." I pull down my white t-shirt since it keeps rising and exposing my skin underneath. Which doesn't help me get any warmer.

"Remember the deal, doll face?" Calum stops walking and gives me a look. I stop walking and copy his 'intimidating' expression that looks more like he's constipated.

"Yes I do. I'll only pretend that I love you when I'm around your family, nowhere else." I flick my pony tail behind me and continue walking down the endless aisles of trees.

Calum grumbles something under his breath before catching up to my quick steps.

"Belle!" Calum shouts suddenly, causing me to jump in surprise.

"Jesus, what Calum?" I place my hand over my heart to check its pulse. Calum grabs my hand and drags me over to a tall, wide tree.

Calum smiles a toothless smile before unexpectedly grabbing my waist and lifting me up, causing me to scream at him to put me down.

"Calum, if you don't put me down, so help me–"

"Hello there."

Calum and I both turn our heads to the new voice. My jaw slightly drops when my eyes gets a look of the new face. His short, brown hair paired with soft, blue eyes were enough to make him attractive. The athletic body and defied jaw topped it off.

"I'm Zachary, but you can call me Zac. Is this the tree you're looking for?" He flashes us a smile but gives me a wink.

Calum instantly drops me back to my feet and I stumble a little but keep my eye contact at the hottie that stands a few feet away from me.

And no not Calum.

"Yes, actually. Can you help us out?" I give him my best smile and start to walk closer to him but I'm instantly pulled back by Calum.

He wraps an arm around my waist and I grow annoyed with him. If he can text some girl behind my back then I can flirt with anyone I please.

We're getting a divorce anyways so why does it matter?

"No, actually. We can find somebody else to help us out. Preferably someone ugly." Calum mumbles the last part but I can tell Zac heard it from the growing smile on his face.

"I'm the only one working today."

"Well come back next week."

"I'll be here all through next week as well."

Calum curses underneath his breath and tightens his hold on my waist causing a frown to form on my face. "What about the week after that?"

"Calum, Christmas will be over already. Stop being jealous and get the damn tree." I shove his grip off of me and walk towards Zac.

"Alright, glad I can help! Let me get my tools. Do you mind pulling my car up over here?" Zac glances at Calum but moves it to me.

Without second thought, I nod and follow Zac. We both hear faint footsteps behind us and turn our heads to the noise.

"You should stay here, just incase anyone else tries to buy it."

"I bought you were the only one who was–"

"Calum, just stay here." I cut him off with a glare. Calum rolls his eyes and shoves his hands inside his black skinny jeans. He stomps back over to the tree before sitting down in the snow and lean against the tree.

Zac lets out a quiet chuckle as we both start walking after a few minutes. I keep my head down and notice our feet walking in sync.

"Is that your boyfriend?"

I look over to Zac and catch him staring at me but he doesn't advert his gaze. I lick my lips and quirk up an eyebrow.

"Husband."

Zac frowns and examines my face. He takes his bottom lip between his teeth and not gonna lie, what a sight.

"That's too bad, I was wondering if you wanted to get some coffee." He shrugs playfully.

"Well, we are getting a divorce so don't worry. Wonder all you want, I won't stop you." I flirt back. The wind causes a few strands of hair to fall out my pony tail.

"Oh, well in that case," Zac stops me from walking by grabbing the sleeve of my jacket, "let me take you out. Tomorrow, what do you say?"

Spend my Christmas with my asshole of a husband, or make some memories with a hottie who sells trees?

I'll go with the tree selling hottie.

**

thanks guys for the reads :)
(I don't give a fuq if it's not a lot, I still like it)

today is the 15th anniversary of 9/11
:,(

please pray for the families and make sure to appreciate your own.

mya xoxo