Unchanged melody

Nandini was walking on the college corridor where she accidentally met Aalya Saxena, the college's hottie cum beauty queen and with whom Nandini was never in good terms. Aalya gave her a cold look while Nandini ignoring it started walking.

'What a bitch' Aalya mumbled while crossing Nandini but loud enough for her to hear it and without caring much Nandini ignored the mean vibes that were usual from her side.

'Ah Nandini' She heard her name being called and turned her body to face the person.

'Dhruv?' Asked Nandini with no expression on her face.

'There's something I want to tell u' Dhruv mouthed being little nervous.

'About what? I don't have time, I'm busy' Said Nandini purposely.

'Please.. I promise it's not gonna take long' Dhruv added looking at Nandini hoping she will voice a yes.

Nandini paused for a while and ducked a yes in response.

'Nandini, I don't want to hurt ur feelings but I just..' Saying this Dhruv gently held her hands which she withdrew immediately.

'Dhruv, even I don't wanna hurt u but u already know my answer and it's not gonna change no matter what u say or do' She stepped a little back.

'Nandini, if not today then maybe someday u are gonna accept someone and give that person Maddy's place or may be a better place than him then why not me, I've genuine feelings for u and that is something not unknown to u' he softly spoke. Nandini sighed.

'Dhruv I really don't know how to make u understand that how vulnerable it is to keep breathing when u totally don't want to. I've seen life with Maddy and without Maddy as well and his absence causes me pain trust me, but still I'll never ever give anyone else the position that he had in my heart' she said looking straight into his eyes and getting no response for him for a while, she lowered her gaze and moved out of the scene.

Without them knowing, someone was watching the duo with bloodshot eyes standing behind the pillar.

'What are u going to do to that bitch Aalya?' Asked Shahid, her obsequious pet while they were watching Dhruv and Nandini talking from a distance.

'Don't worry, I got a plan for that bitch' Aalya smirked evilly.
----------------------------------------

Nandini's POV:

I was walking on the corridor of the college while someone cruelly tugged me in some abandoned darkened classroom. I wasn't able to absorb the things till then when suddenly a strong slap landed on my cheek. Wincing in pain while rubbing my reddened cheek, I found Aalya standing on my head cursing me through her eyes. She had so much of hatred in her eyes for me.

'Aalya, are u...' I tried speaking while she landed another tight slap on my face making me loose my balance and fall on the hard ground.

I was weak. Both mentally and physically. I'm tired of each and everything and amidst all these I didn't have the further courage and strength to fight this trouble.

'What sort of bitch are u Nandini? First, u stole Maddy from me and within a year of his passing away, u are here throwing urself at Dhruv, whom u know I've feelings for.' She said gritting her teeth.