4// practice

((everyone is old enough to drink in this story, meaning everyone is older than 21 and everything))

after the policemen had showed the boys all the equipment and information they would need to get started, the boys sat back down in the waiting room, planning out their first mission.

"first question that needs to be answered: how are we going to take down the biggest gang in our tri-state?" namjoon looked around the see if anyone had an answer before chuckling and rubbing his eyes. "we're off to a great start,"

"well, they all have to be controlled by one person right? with a gang so big, they need a leader. we manage to kill the leader, most of 'em will surrender, right? we'll just need to find their hideout, leader, and who protects the leader. we go to the hideout, kill the security, and then kill the leader," jin explained. everyone nodded and namjoon smirked, writing the plan in the first page of the notebook the officer gave him.

"so what are we going to do now?" jungkook asked, looking at namjoon's little notes and scribbles.

"well, so far we know that some members are going to be at the nightclub on ivy boulevard. we should probably check out the nightclub now and ask if anyone knows anything, and then come tomorrow when they'll be there to see what they are doing. today, we won't need a get-away car, but tomorrow, it looks like you'll be doing most of the information gathering, jimin," jin added. jimin hesitated before sighing and nodding. 

"we'll need better clothes for tonight and tomorrow, so we'll need to go back to our apartments and get new clothes. i'll tell the officer, you guys go ahead and get ready," jin stood up and walked to the room the officer had been in previously.

"you alright there?" yoongi asked jimin, raising an eyebrow. he had seen jimin hesitated and knew something was wrong. jimin shrugged- his go-to move when he didn't want to answer- and spoke up.

"i'm not good at talking, let alone getting information without being suspicious. i'm not exactly fit for the job," jimin was right. yoongi could read him like a book, and he showed what he felt very easily. yoongi thought for a moment before smirking and putting a hand on jimin's shoulder.

"how 'bout this, tonight at the club, i teach you how to pick-pocket without getting caught, and how to get information easily. at the club, everyone's gonna be so intoxicated they won't sense how suspicious you are, and if they do, nothing a couple'a drinks can't fix. consider it practice, ya'know?" yoongi offered. his laid back attitude was comforting to jimin, and he quickly nodded, smiling.

"yeah, practice. thanks, yoongi,"

"don't mention it,"

---

after managing to fit all seven boys into a car the police station provided, they headed to their apartments to get new clothes. jimin borrowed a nice jacket from yoongi since he didn't have one. after getting ready for the night, which was filled with carefree laughs and teases, they piled back into the car, driving off to the club. even in the car they were laughing and talking, excited.

when they got to the club, they quickly walked up to the door, where a bouncer was checking IDs. everyone gave their IDs and then walked inside. jin and namjoon quickly hit the bar, ordering a glass of water each, both taking turns asking the bartenders questions. they sat at opposite ends of the bar to not cause suspicion. taehyung and jungkook stood on the floor, dancing to the beat and paying attention to all of the boys around the room. hoseok on the other hand was swerving in and out of groups, trying to gather information. he too was careful of suspicion, and only asked questions to people on opposite sides of the room.

yoongi grabbed jimin's wrist and guided him to where jin sat, sitting him down in the seat next to the other. yoongi quickly explained to jin what he was doing before giving a quick "pay attention" to jimin.

"the goal is to not cause suspicion, right? so pay attention to hoseok right now-" yoongi pointed to hoseok, who was smiling and laughing, chatting with a brown-haired girl. she said a few words and he nodded, waving. he then walked to the bar on the other side of the room and stood for a minute before walking back onto the floor and dancing to a new person to ask. "- he keeps a friendly tone, and keeps dancing. he also doesn't ask everyone he sees, right? that's how to stay clear of suspicion. you also have to be sure not to ask the same person. i'm sure we'll have to pick-pocket someone for an ID or credit card, so i'll show you how to do that,"

yoongi walked to the floor and looked back to jimin, giving a nod. he gave a playful grin and began to dance and swerve around people. he finally picked his victim, a black-haired boy with a hat, and got close to him, staying there for a while. when he knew the boy was comfortable with him there, yoongi began to make small talk. he smiled at the boy before "accidently" bumping into him. he put his hand on the boy's shoulder while his right went to the boy's pocket. yoongi quickly grabbed the boy's wallet and muttered an apology before waiting again and then walking over to jimin. it had happened so fast that if jimin blinked, he would have missed most of it. yoongi smirked, watching jimin's jaw drop.

"careful, you keep your mouth open like that your tongue will dry out," yoongi chuckled. he handed the wallet to the bartender saying he found it on the floor and sat in the seat next to jimin, giving him a step by step explanation of what he did.

---

a few hours had passed and all of the boys gathered together. two boys left, then three, then the last two. parked in the back, they all piled into the car again, jin calling the police station to tell them they were going back to the apartments to sleep. they reached the apartments and rushed out of the car to get their apartments, ready to sleep. soon they reached their floor and went into their apartments, one with taehyung and jungkook, another with jin and namjoon, one with yoongi and hoseok, and now jimin.

---

lmao what a good way to end the chapter

-jadey