The morning after

My eyes flutter open, light bursting through the closed curtains and filling the room. My head is on Peeta's chest, his arm around me and his fingers in my hair. I remember falling asleep like this after the party. Sleeping with Peeta had just been a dream. It was all a dream. I raise my head up, starting to get up when I realize the only thing covering me is the blanket, my clothes are gone. A quick glance at the blanket hanging on Peeta's hips tells me he is wearing the same thing, which is absolutely nothing. My eyes flutter open, and the room is bursting with light. This whole thing must be a dream.

"Morning Katniss," Peeta smiles at me, holding me against him, "How are you feeling?"

"I, I feel good, I think." I don't know what this feeling is or how to describe it to him, I feel different. It feels good to be in bed like this with him, it feels right. I had fun last night, and I enjoyed it, everything was good. I feel more drawn to him and closer to him than I did before, but at the same time things feel weird. I didn't imagine my first time would be with Peeta, or on a train during the Victory Tour after winning the Hungers Games. "How are you feeling?" He runs his fingers over my back, tracing down my spine.

"I feel amazing, last night was amazing Katniss. I know it might not feel the same for you bu..." I press my lips onto his, succeeding in shutting him up.

"I enjoyed it too, it was amazing," I look at him, the look on his face too familiar, "I don't regret it."

"Really?"

"Really," I smile at him and sit up, "We better get dressed before Effie comes looking for us, she'll know to check here this time."

"I think clothes might be good, and breakfast." I forgot that he hadn't put anything else on his stomach after the drink from the capital.

"Yeah, everything still okay from that drink?"

"Yeah," He winces at the thought of the event, "If I don't think about it."

I rub his back softly, tracing circles around it. I can't tell if the taste of the drink or the fact that he got sick bothered him the most, but either way I know it was not a pleasant experience, for either of us. He shifts his weight under me, standing up from the bed and helping me to my feet. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me to him again and pressing a soft kiss on my forehead. He pulls on his grey sweatpants from last night and throws on a white shirt from the closet. The shirt hugs his arms and abs the right way, allowing the outline of his muscles to be seen through it. I find my own clothes that had been strung across the floor and slip the on quickly, sitting back down on the bed and taking Peeta's hand.

"Thank you," I don't have to say it, he knows I mean it about more than just last night.

"Of course," He kisses my cheek, "We better be going."

I nod and follow him out of the room and down the hall. As we walk, I notice the door to the command area of the train is slightly open. There are peacekeepers inside, I'm sure they've been on the train the whole time, I just hadn't noticed them before now, they had been staying out of our way. They are reviewing footage on the screen, I recognize the district, District Eight. They people are setting fires, holding up a flag of the Mockingjay pin, a flag of my golden pin. Peacekeepers are fighting them, trying to end what is happening, but the people of the district are fighting back. The peacekeepers inside the command center realize I'm watching and close the door quickly, a lock clicking into place. I realize, this is what Snow meant by uprisings, what he wanted me to pacify in the districts. The districts are still fighting back, I didn't complete the job Snow gave me. No one I love is safe now. As soon as the train arrives in Twelve, we're leaving. Gale, his family, my family, Peeta, and I. We are leaving and going as far away from here as possible.