District 13

I slowly begin to see light, not the blinding kind that you see as you die, but the light you first see as you open your eyes. I slowly open them and see where I am. There are seats surrounding me and I am laying in the floor. Beside me, Beetee is laying down. I have on some type of oxygen mask. I pull it off slowly and sit up. I'm in a hovercraft, what they use to take us to the arena. There are some medical supplies in a container in the corner of the room by a door. I pull the IV out of my arm and stand up. I begin to walk toward the door. I'm not sure what or who I'm hoping to see, but I know who I'm not hoping to see. I grab a syringe on the way out, just in case. As I approach the door I hear people talking.

"She's going to lose it when she finds out about the boy," one voice says. What boy? They can't mean Peeta.

"She won't cooperate without the boy."

"Without Peeta..." Without Peeta? The door opens.

"Just tell her when..." I look up to see Finnicks eyes meeting mine as he stops talking. I see Haymitch, Plutarch, and Finnick gathered around some sort of table. I finally release a breath I didn't even know I was holding when I see Rose in Finnick's arms, asleep and unharmed. Peeta's and my baby girl was safe. Peeta. I look around the room again. My heart drops into my stomach. Peeta wasn't here. Everyone looks at me.

"Good morning sweetheart," Haymitch says smiling at me.! I launch myself forward, more at Haymitch than him, trying to just stab that syringe into his flesh. Haymitch counters my attack and forces my arm upward, fighting against me. No, not fighting, trying to stop me. He backs me up against the wall, I am still fighting against him.

"What are you doing with him?" I shakingly demand from Haymitch as he pins my arms up against the wall.

"You want to syringe against the Capitol. See this is why no one lets you make the plans." He takes the syringe out of my hands. I look over his shoulder at Finnick.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I spit at him. He looks at me with a look of sympathy. What the hell does he have the right to sympathize about? He raises his hand up.

"Stop. Stop. Just, Listen," He says to me, as if he actually has a say.

"We couldn't tell you. With Snow watching you it was too risky. Better for you to know nothing," Haymitch states, still pinning me against the wall. I push him off of me.

"Where's Peeta?" I ask them, hoping at least one of them will answer me.

"Katniss,"Plutarch begins, "You have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was to get you out. Half the tributes were in on it. This is the revolution and you are the Mockingjay and we are on our way to district thirteen right now."

"Thirteen," I ask as he walks over toward me.

"Yes thirteen."

"Where's Peeta," Finnick turns toward the window he was standing by when I ask that. Haymitch turns back toward me. He takes a deep breath.

"He still has his tracker in his arm, Johanna cut yours out," Haymitch starts to explain to me.

"Where is he?"

"In the Capitol," he pauses and looks at me, "they got him and Johanna."

"YOU SON OF A BITCH," I rush forward and begin to slap him. I continue to hit and attack him, he wraps his arms around me, preventing my attacks. "You son of a bitch!" I try to fight against him and I feel someone stabbing me in the back with the syringe. "You promised me you would save him over me," I begin to sink down toward the floor, he lowers me down holding my arms. "You promised me." I sink down completely in the floor. "You're a liar. You're a liar." He keeps his hands on my shoulders making me stay down against the floor, I stop fighting and feel my body getting heavy. "I. Love. You. Peeta," I breath out softly and quietly separating each word with a breath and then close my eyes.

I feel someone stroking my arm. I imagine it as Peeta's. I open my eyes and see Gale sitting beside me on a bed in the middle of a room. I look around the room, I'm in an actual medical unit in what I assume is district thirteen. He smiles down at me.

"Hey Catnip," he whispers. "You're okay. You've just been asleep for a few days."

"How are you," I choke out, only half awake still. A few minutes pass and he doesn't answer, I look into his eyes. Something's wrong. "Where's Rose?"

"She's okay. She is with Finnick right now. She is beautiful, already won me over, just like her mother."

"Gail. Where's Prim?"

"She's alive, so is your mother. I got them out in time."

"Got them out?"

"After the games, they sent in hovercrafts and they started dropping fire bombs."

"They aren't in twelve," I look up at him and I know what he is about to say.

"There is no district twelve. It's all gone." I blink back tears and look up toward the ceiling. Snow has taken Peeta away from me and destroyed my home. I take a few deep breaths as the hurt turns to anger and then take a final one to settle myself. I feel sick to my stomach.

"Thank you, for saving them," I mutter under my breath.

"Katniss, do you feel okay?"

"No." He stands up and walks over to a shelf, grabbing what looks like a bowl and bringing it over.

"Just in case," he hands it to me and then sits back down beside me.

"Thanks. How's my daughter?"

"Like I said Catnip, I love her. She is so much like you and already so stubborn. She has his eyes you know, her blue eyes look just like his."  I gag at the thought of Peeta, he is probably dead by now and the thought of having to live without him makes  me sick. Gale has my hair up and is rubbing my back in a matter of seconds. I take a deep breath.

"I'm okay."  

"No you're not. I mean you might not be throwing up, but I know you well enough to know that you are not okay Catnip. I know what happened. The Capitol took him."  I throw up into the bowl after he says that, wishing I wasn't throwing up again, I did enough of that when I was pregnant. I take a deep breath after I finish and set the bowl on a table beside me. Gale hands me a cloth and I wipe my mouth and then set it down.

"I'm sorry you had to see that, again."

"It's okay Catnip. Please tell me you're not coming back home pregnant again?"

"No! Absolutely not. I want to see my daughter. Can you please go steal her from Finnick for me?"

"Sure," he stands up and walks to the door. He opens it, but then turns back to me. "I love you Catnip."

"I love you too." And I do. Just not the same way I love Peeta.