private session

I was determined to keep my eyes open this time. I had to stay awake, I opened my eyes slowly, it took them a few minutes to adjust to the lighting. I don't know how I got here, but I know where I am. I'm in some hospital ward in the capitol. I know Cinna, Haymitch, and Effie had been in and out. Peeta never left. My throat was dry and my back ached. It suddenly occured to me why I was in here. I had been bleeding.  The baby. Was it okay? I didn't have the courage to look at or feel my stomach. I couldn't.

"Peeta," I managed to say hoarsely.

"Katniss, you're up," he smiled and walked over to my bedside, "You want some water?"

"Please." He handed me and cup and I drank quickly. I sat up and looked at him, "the baby."

"Kat... the doctor wants to talk to you about that."

"It's okay right? It has to be!" He took my hands into his. They were warm like usual and I smiled at the touch. He placed them down onto my stomach, it was still round and big. Good I guess.

"The baby is fine Katniss," he started to tear up, "The doctors said they got to it just in time, another few minutes and it probably wouldn't have made it. They said it was a risk to your health as well. I am so sorry I yelled at you yesterday Katniss."

"It's okay Peeta. It's stupid to name a boy after Gale."

"I was jealous Katniss. I shouldn't have reacted that way."

"It's okay," I pulled him down to me and kissed him.

"Katniss. Peeta. The doctors need to speak to the two of you," Effie walked in. I assume she knows now.

"Okay. Thanks Effie," Peeta said and say down beside me on the bed. " She walked out and that doctor came in.

"Does she know," I whispered to Peeta.

"Not that I know of," he pulled me lightly against him.

"Mr. and Mrs. Mellark, I'm doctor Hightower. How are you feeling?"

"Better," I answered.

"Good. So Mrs. Mellark, do you know how far along you are?"

"I'm eight and a half months," I answered him.

"Actually, your around eight months and three weeks. Meaning your ninth month would be during the games. Now they could make an acceptation to you having to go in. We could also try and induce labor or do a c-section on you. The c-section could be a bit risky since you go into the games in two days, as would the induced labor."

"I want to carry the baby until I go into labor naturally. There are no options. That's my final choice."

"That is very risky. You would go into labor during the games."

"I could. There's no guarantee to anything. " Peeta wasn't saying anything.

"Okay, I have no right to go against your decision."

"Now may I leave?"

"I'd like to talk about what caused you to start bleeding."

"What caused it?"

"I think stress caused your body to shut down the necessary essentials to keep a baby growing healthy.  You need to relax. I want you to rest before you session with the game makers and then be on bed rest until your interview. In the games, only run when you have too. That's really the only thing I can tell you to do. Mr. Mellark, you should just try to make everything as easy as possible on her. Understand?"

"Yes," Peeta and me said in unison.

"Your free to go," the doctor said dismissing Peeta and me. Peeta took my hand and helped me down handing me some clothes of mine. I realized I was in a hospital gown. He closed and locked the door so I could change.

"Want me out to?"

"No. Stay Peeta. Please."

"Okay," he looked down. He was trying not to look at me, as if we hadn't seen each other naked before. I took off the gown and put on a pair of my bra and panties then slid  my clothes on.

"Let's go," I reached for his hand as we walked out. Haymitch and Effie were standing in the hall, a bit to close to each other in my opinion. I looked over at Peeta who just shrugged as we walked toward the elevator.

I went straight to my room and laid down, followed by Peeta.

"Lock the door," I said to him. He did and then came to join me on the bed. I kissed him the second he sat down. He kissed me back and like always it led to us making out. I refused to stop this time. I took his shirt off and continued to kiss him, he gently turned us  over and was on top. I could tell he was already turned on. I didn't want to stop. We kept kissing and I was about to take his pants off him when Effie knocked on the door.

"Katniss! Peeta! It's time for your session with the game makers."  I hated her interrupting. I heard Peeta sigh before standing up and putting on his shirt. I put mine on and some shoes. Peeta zipped his pants back up and we walked out of the room.

We sat in the back of the room talking only a little when he was called in, which left me alone. After he came back out, I was called in. He kissed my cheek and said he would see me upstairs at dinner. When I walked into the room I saw what Peeta had done. He had painted Rue in the flowers on the floor. I felt tears stain my eyes. I heard some slight whispers coming from the game makers place, I realized my stomach was showing more in this outfit. I quickly took one of the practice dummies and painted the name Seneca Crane on it. I put a mustache and beard on it then hung it with robe before walking out. I got onto the elevator and rode up to my floor alone.