Arrangements

Prim is sitting behind me brushing my hair and I'm holding my baby girl for the second time since the games as the door opens.

"Katniss, I know you are being discharged but the president has requested to meet with you before. I am only here to escort you." I stand up and smile at Prim.

"I'll be back soon. Take care of Rose?" I hand her to Prim and then walk off with the guy. He leads me to an elevator and we descend to a lower floor. For a district that was destroyed, they have more than most of us. When the elevator stops, the guy leads me to a room.

"Right in there Katniss." I walk into the room.

"There she is Katniss Everdeen," Plutarch announces my arrival.

"Hello Katniss, I'm President Coin, it is my pleasure to finally meet you. I wish you had more time to recover, but unfortunately, time is not a luxury we have right now. We will need to start filming immediately," the women, Coin, introduces herself to me.

"Filming?"

"Propaganda as I like to call it ganda. To show everyone in the districts that the Mockingjay is alive and well," Plutarch tells me.

"I'm not the Mockingjay. I can't do this. I don't want any of this. I just want to raise my daughter and one day, maybe I'll get her father back. I cannot fight, if I do, I run the risk of getting her, my family, Gale, and Peeta killed, if he isn't already. I'm not ready for this."

"Katniss, I know this is rushed, but there may never be another chance like this again. The districts need someone to look to, you would be the face of the rebellion," Coin tries to explain.

"You should have rescued Peeta!" I stand up and walk out of the room. Needing to get as far away from there as possible. I walk to the bunker where I was told that my family was living in.

"Katniss," my mother looks at me as I walk in.

"Mom." I look around and see Prim holding Rose, sitting on one of the beds. My mom hugs me and I wrap my arms back around her.

"I'm so proud of you Katniss. She is beautiful," my mom gushes about my daughter.

"Thank you Mom."  I walk over to Prim and she hands me my daughter.

"Hey baby girl," I hold her close to me. I won't lose her too. I can't.

"I talked to some people, they offered to give you a bunker for yourself. They said they could give you a bit bigger one, it will have two small beds in it and room for a cot. You can transfer over to it as soon as you want," my mother looks at me and smiles.

"I don't want to be alone, not yet. Peeta is so much better at being a parent than me," I feel tears start to stream down my face. "I don't know what I'm going to do without him. I miss him." I feel Prim's arms around me. I can't be crying again. I hold Rose closer to me, seeming like she can sense something's wrong she starts to cry.