Baby

Ow, I felt as though my back was being ripped apart, I woke up stifling a scream. I looked up to see who was taking watch. I saw Finnick sitting by a tree, awake. Peeta was a few feet away, no need to wake him for some pain, he needs his sleep, he'll need it raise this baby. Then I felt it, liquid between my legs, I sat up and looked around, seeing what I feared to see the most, blood.

"Finnick," I motioned him over. He walked over.

"What?"

"I'm bleeding," I started to feel another sharp pain, "and my back really hurts."

"Katniss, breathe," I felt him press lightly on my stomach, "Did your water break?"

"I don't know, I think so, maybe, I was asleep," I began to scream and he covered my mouth quickly.

"Breathe Katniss. I think you're in labor." I began to feel sick, I began breathing the way he instructed.

"Get Peeta! Please! Now!" He moved quickly and shook Peeta to wake him, they looked over at me and then in no time they were both beside me.

"Katniss," Peeta knelt down beside me, "You're sweating." He leaned down and wiped away at my forehead, I grabbed his arm as another spine splitting pain crashed through my body. I felt like I was being torn apart.

"Peeta, Katniss," Finnick said, "We need to get her clothes off so that she can deliver the baby."

"I agree," Peeta said.

"Get it her out!" I screamed. My body was on fire and was being ripped apart. I felt Peeta's hands on me and him taking off my clothes. I bit my lip to keep from screaming due to the pain.

"Let me deliver it Peeta," Finnick said.

"No. I'm the dad," Peeta hesitantly said.

"Katniss needs you to be with her, so be with her and let me deliver the baby."

My vision started to get black and fuzzy, pain was shooting through my body. I heard the sound of crying, then felt them laying the baby on my stomach, then it was removed as quickly as it was placed there. I figured Peeta had it. My vision went completely black and everything stopped.

"Katniss," I felt someone pouring water on me. Is slowly opened my eyes. I was on the beach now, Peeta was pouring some water over my forehead.

"Peeta," my voice was hoarse, "Where's the baby? How long was I out?"

"Hey Kat, can you sit up? Johanna has her. She's beautiful, just like you, she has your eyes and reminds me of you in the way she acts, she's strong. Since she was born, she has only cried twice. You were out for about two days I think. You okay?"

"Ya," I felt like I was going to cry, "I want to hold her."

"She's over there," I looked toward where Peeta was pointing, at the edge of the water, Johanna was holding my daughter. Finnick was behind her smiling down at them. Peeta helped me up and we walked over there. The baby was wrapped in a pink blanket and had on a diaper and a onsie. That's when I noticed a small diaper bag by the tree line. I looked up in hopes Haymitch would see it as a thank you. I was also in a new wet suit.

"Johanna," I looked down, " I want to hold my daughter." Johanna smiled and stood up, handing me my daughter. Peeta come up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I was holding our daughter, who was now sleeping.

"What do you want to name her? I figured Rue would be involved somewhere."

"Primrose Rue Mellark." I smiled and kissed her forehead.

This was our daughter, my daughter and no one was going to touch this beautiful sleeping baby girl in my arms. I felt a new desire inside me, a new desire to live, to stay alive for her, to keep her alive.

A/N: I had to put this up, it was a scene I was having trouble writting, I just wrote it the best I could and I promise better chapters in the near future. I know it's short. On top of this being a huge cause of writers block, I have a lot going on, this week espically is really busy. I'm also going through a hard time, my best friend in the world (my ex-bf, who I've dated 5 times) I think Is mad at me but I don't know why. So I'm hurt and I'm busy, I will try my best to update.