The Sheriff's Annoyance

For the love of all things holy, please stop commenting how there's inaccuracies and shit like "vi's shorter", I started writing this 4 to 5 years ago, arcane wasn't even announced at the time. It's driving me insane seeing them, and I've deleted quite a few of them... I'm very close to unpublishing this story to just stop seeing this stuff.

~10 years ago~
~Caitlyn's pov~

'How can such a young girl lift gauntlets that big?!' I thought to myself as a whip some of my dark purple hair out of my face. I was young myself being only nineteen and I was already sheriff of the police force, but this girl had to only be about sixteen and was shorter then me, well.... Through the years of chasing after her she's has grown quite a bit, and she still is... I snap out of thought when I hear some heavy foot steps and some type of metal dragging noise, I look down with the scope of my sniper and see the shorter girl with badly dyed bright pink hair, I let out a low scoff as I aim down at her left kneecap and shot, she didn't have enough time to react and was hit, only odd thing was she didn't go down like a ton of bricks and didn't let out a pained scream, I look up at her face with the scope to notice her bright blueish purple eyes were staring right at me with this slightly pained smirk. "Why don't you just fight me then, sheriff." The girl had said moving the giant gauntlets as her mouth moved.

"I prefer using my gun." I spoke up with my English accented voice, the girl kneeled down and bit down onto her lip hard enough to draw blood.

"What? You scared of little ol' me?" She said mockingly with a semi toothy smirk and pulled out her oddly slender feminine right hand from a gauntlet and held onto her left knee tightly.

"No, I'm not, I don't get scared of criminals." I said and scoffed afterwards whist rolling my eyes

She smirked yet again in pain. "So why don't you come over here and arrest me then, sheriff." She said mockingly.

"I would but there's something else I could do." I said jumping down from the ledge I was on and landing perfectly on the ground.

"And that would be?"  She said looking up at me and lightly cracking her neck, she slowly started to stand up shakily not putting full pressure onto her left leg.

"Well." I paused for a moment to collect my thoughts. "I, and only I want to offer you a job at the police department."

She simply scoffed and scratched the side of her face that had a tattoo that read 'VI' on it. "Why would you offer a criminal AND ex gang member a job at a police department? Are you fucking crazy?" She said putting enfaces on the 'and'

"Aren't we all a little bit crazy?" I said sarcastically and scoffed again, I saw her eyes trace up at my large top hat and then back down to my eyes.

"Me? Crazy? Okay mad hatter. I am not crazy, I'm just full of street smarts." She said putting on the gauntlet she had taken off.

"You will address me as sheriff." I said in a very stern voice and narrowed eyes. "Maybe I am a little crazy, I am offering you the position as the enforcer." Before she could say anything I spoke up once more after turning to walk away. "I will be expecting to see you tomorrow at my office."

She said a few things but I didn't listen I just kept walking away slowly, 'Am I really doing the right thing? Should I really give her this chance?' I thought to myself but shook it off.

~a week later~

I was sitting in my office chair looking out of the large window calmly that is until I heard my door slam open into the wall. "Oh hell no! I am not wearing this." The girl that I now know as Vi almost yelled, I had left her a uniform for her to wear.

"Well isn't that a shame." I said slowly turning around to face her and my desk to finish off some of the paperwork I had. "I wasn't asking you to wear it, I was telling you to wear it." I said with a stern tone.

"I am not wearing this crappy uniform, I'm making my own outfit." She said crossing her arms.

"Making?" I questioned and looked up at her with a raised eyebrow somewhat intrigued.

"I'm not stupid, sheriff... I made my gauntlets wearable, so obviously I'm smart enough to make my own gear." She said with a small sigh. "I'm just waiting for my body to stop growing to really go ham."

"Touché." I simply said, she had a point, she was only about five foot two when I first met her and now she's about five foot six which was my height, that means she's going to be towering over me fairly soon. "Speaking of body how's your kneecap?" I said leaning on to my desk a little bit.

"It healed in under two days, just need to wear a brace for a bit." She had said looking down at her knee.

That's something I always asked her about, her healing abilities, she'd get a gash of some sort and all of a sudden about an hour later that gash no longer existed but every time I tried to bring up the subject she instantly would change it to something else. 'Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it?' I thought still looking at her. "That's good." I finally spoke after a few seconds of staring at her.

"Yeah I guess it is." She said scratching the side of her head that was completely shaved and looked around the office for a moment.

I had a lot of newspaper clippings hung up on my wall, one being about Vi, I had drawn multiple professional things onto the small clipping, all very small yet detailed notes on her, Vi had let out a small chuckle. "If your gonna take multiple notes on me then take me out to dinner first, Cait." She said obviously jokingly.

"Haha, very funny." I said sarcastically as I started filling out the papers on my desk. 'This is going to be fun.' I thought as I sarcastically roll my eyes.

_________________________
Had to bring back one of my favorite LoL ships